Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by james21_h
I booked couple sessions at Hakushu on Monday as well.
I prefer the Hakushu bar personally, it's much quieter ! Not to mention the beautiful forest atmosphere.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
I prefer the Hakushu bar personally, it's much quieter ! Not to mention the beautiful forest atmosphere.
then you would love mars Shinshu! A beautiful place but hard to get to. Well, Hakushu is not easy to get to either.
Topcare likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
then you would love mars Shinshu! A beautiful place but hard to get to. Well, Hakushu is not easy to get to either.
I know! It was recommended and I was in Komagane, but it closed before I could get there.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:41 pm

or the nikka bar near Sendai with literally no one. I mean, we were the only ones there for over 2 hours during a visit mid week in March. And they had lots of stuff!
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:47 pm

I know it is still here but Hiro had a number of owners casks from Yamazaki to be tasted during lunch and dinner. Suspect that is long long gone. Could be much less accessible than before. You can see the barrel in pics and they had soooooo many casks to try. Wow how things have changed. I'm sure they still get but probably dont share.

https://resutoraunjihiro.hp.gogo.jp/pc/
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Topcare
or the nikka bar near Sendai with literally no one. I mean, we were the only ones there for over 2 hours during a visit mid week in March. And they had lots of stuff!
​​​​​​
I wasn't a big fan of the Yoichi bar. The selection of whiskies served compared to Suntory was very disappointing. But maybe Miyagikyo is better. The gift shop is nice.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:55 pm

i remember when visiting Hakushu, me as the driver was given a tag and was not allowed to partake in the offerings. So they are pretty strict with it since from the check in counter they can observe the car park.

Also on a side note, was able to snag 1 bottle of Yamazaki 12 at Costco for $99. Inventory as of 815pm.
#48 - Van Nuys - 2x; #410 - Norwalk CA - 1x; #432 - Corona - 12x; #437 - Northridge - 12x; #447 - Santa Clarita - 12x; $678 - Rancho Cucmg - 8x; #769 - Inglewood - 4x; #1015 - San Dimas - 12x; Both Lagunas; Fountain Valley;
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:15 am

Looking for my best chance to buy whisky in Osaka.

So I’m going to be entering Japan next week for a month and want some advice on finding some yamazaki 12. Where should I be looking in Osaka. A a lot of the conversation has been about duty free out if TYO abut I’m flying out of KIX and will be in the south Osaka area mostly. A week In Tokyo though
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by bluemeansgo
So I’m going to be entering Japan next week for a month and want some advice on finding some yamazaki 12. Where should I be looking in Osaka. A a lot of the conversation has been about duty free out if TYO abut I’m flying out of KIX and will be in the south Osaka area mostly. A week In Tokyo though
lots of places. It is a matter of what are you prepared to pay. Impossible to answer your question without this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:40 am

Hi all,

I have two connections through Narita coming up:
1. Arriving on a Thursday 4:30 PM, departing 6:35 PM the same day
2. Arriving 8:40 AM on a Saturday and departing 5:00 PM the same day

I'm guessing I will have a better chance at 8:40 AM than 4:30 PM, but which stores carry Hibiki 17/21 and Yamazaki 18? I'll definitely stop by Fasola Liquor & Tobacco, but what about the regular Fasola Duty Free and JAPAN DUTY FREE shops?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:28 am

Yamazaki distillery

Went to Yamazaki distillery this weekend. Here is what they had:
Did a tasting session first day and the distillery tour on the second day. Def worth the trip!
going to Hakushu next weekend!

THECLIPPERS, invalyd and Mizunara like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by alany611
Hi all,

I have two connections through Narita coming up:
1. Arriving on a Thursday 4:30 PM, departing 6:35 PM the same day
2. Arriving 8:40 AM on a Saturday and departing 5:00 PM the same day

I'm guessing I will have a better chance at 8:40 AM than 4:30 PM, but which stores carry Hibiki 17/21 and Yamazaki 18? I'll definitely stop by Fasola Liquor & Tobacco, but what about the regular Fasola Duty Free and JAPAN DUTY FREE shops?
Narita is still very much a ghost town and most shops remain closed. Also Hibiki 17 hasn't been sold at the airport in years.
vg247 and alany611 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Narita is still very much a ghost town and most shops remain closed. Also Hibiki 17 hasn't been sold at the airport in years.

exactly this, we passed last week and the Hibiki harmony is as close as you’ll get, limit 1 pp per boarding pass fyi
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Went to Yamazaki distillery this weekend. Here is what they had:
Did a tasting session first day and the distillery tour on the second day. Def worth the trip!
going to Hakushu next weekend!
Did you get 6 tasters or was that someone else's set?
My friend was at Hakushu recently and said they were pretty strict about just 3 pp.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
Did you get 6 tasters or was that someone else's set?
My friend was at Hakushu recently and said they were pretty strict about just 3 pp.
I went for two sessions on two separate days. First day was only tasting and second day was tour. Got 4 glasses the first day after playing dumb not knowing only 3 per person. The lady let me had the fourth. Second day I only had 3. Heading to Hakushu next weekend. Booked 3 sessions!
JapanFlyerT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.