Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting through Narita from Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Connecting through Narita from Hong Kong

Hi,
I only have a 30 minute connect time from ANA flight into Narita from Hong Kong, and connecting to United back US. I'm worried that 60 minutes is not enough time.

A few years ago, I did the opposite connection (NRT to HKG) and had to collect my luggage, and go back through security again. At that time, I had a three hour layover, so plenty of time. I remember there being really long lines.

I am flying Business class on ANA, and connecting to United First. I don't know if there are any special routes for or quicker lines.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:25 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Welcome to FT!

Is your connection 30 minutes or 60 minutes? If you are booked on a single ticket, 30 minutes is below the MCT and should impossible. If you are on separate tickets, 60 minutes is extremely tight and you would not be protected if your flight from HKG is delayed.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by flannel pajamas
A few years ago, I did the opposite connection (NRT to HKG) and had to collect my luggage
Really? How many years ago was that?

I think 45 mins is MCT. In practice it should take you significantly less time than that. But as armage states, you should not attempt to make the connection in less time because it will have to be on separate tickets, which leaves you unprotected.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Typo...60 minutes transfer time in Narita from HKG to US.

Just updated the typo. I am on ANA airlines booked through by United.
I should have my boarding passes for both flights at check-in in HKG.

Last time I did a connection it was more than six years ago. I have been to narita since for business but only connected once.

If 45 minutes is enough, I should be okay. Thanks folks for responding!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.