Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Japan Baseball tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2023, 4:01 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
Booked tickets for a Giants v Swallows game at the Tokyo Dome in September today. I ended up going with the ¥6800 tickets. Interestingly if I tried to select them by individual block and seat it said sold out, but if I let the ticketing website auto select then there were tickets available.

There were 3 payment options on the giants website:

Credit card with print at home
Credit card with collect at 7/11
Pay now with collect at 7/11

I went with the print at home option as it takes all the hassle of having to collect tickets when you get to Japan out of it.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by McG
Booked tickets for a Giants v Swallows game at the Tokyo Dome in September today. I ended up going with the ¥6800 tickets. Interestingly if I tried to select them by individual block and seat it said sold out, but if I let the ticketing website auto select then there were tickets available.

There were 3 payment options on the giants website:

Credit card with print at home
Credit card with collect at 7/11
Pay now with collect at 7/11

I went with the print at home option as it takes all the hassle of having to collect tickets when you get to Japan out of it.
What's the difference between options 2 and 3?

You do have to pay for tickets in advance if you want to pick them up at a 7/11 months later.

If the tickets aren't paid yet and you're reserving them to purchase later at a 7/11, then the hold expires in 2-3 days.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 4:34 am
McG

Originally Posted by jphripjah
What's the difference between options 2 and 3?

You do have to pay for tickets in advance if you want to pick them up at a 7/11 months later.

If the tickets aren't paid yet and you're reserving them to purchase later at a 7/11, then the hold expires in 2-3 days.
I couldn’t work that out myself due to the way it was worded by the auto translation. My initial thoughts were option 3 was a way of reserving tickets if you didn’t have a credit card but you then had to make payment at 7/11 within 2-3 days at 7/11 but I don’t think that is correct.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by McG
I couldn’t work that out myself due to the way it was worded by the auto translation. My initial thoughts were option 3 was a way of reserving tickets if you didn’t have a credit card but you then had to make payment at 7/11 within 2-3 days at 7/11 but I don’t think that is correct.
Yeah, I don't know exactly what you were looking at, but I know there's an option to reserve tickets and pay within 2-3 days at 7-eleven and also an option to buy tickets online, pay with credit card, and then pick up the tickets months later (up until game time) at a 7-eleven.

There is, as far as I know, no way to reserve tickets and pay months later.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 1:32 pm
McG

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Yeah, I don't know exactly what you were looking at, but I know there's an option to reserve tickets and pay within 2-3 days at 7-eleven and also an option to buy tickets online, pay with credit card, and then pick up the tickets months later (up until game time) at a 7-eleven.

There is, as far as I know, no way to reserve tickets and pay months later.
Yes, what I meant was I was getting confused as to why they were offering the pay now (within 2-3 days) at 7/11 collect later option on their English ticketing website that was predominantly aimed at tourists booking from outwith Japan who wouldn’t be able to pay at 7/11 within the required timeframe.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 6:24 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by McG
Yes, what I meant was I was getting confused as to why
Not to understand a man’s purpose does not make him confused, Grasshopper.
Welcome to Japan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.