KIX: Kit Kat Gift Set

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KIX: Kit Kat Gift Set

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
Not sure how to answer, reason is that most "matcha"* candy is blended with milk fats, vegetable fats, cocoa fats and (usually) vanilla. Perhaps the question for you is "do you think matcha milk tastes of matcha?"
If one thinks of matcha in the same way as actual cacao, most chocolate candies are the equivalent of Hershey or Cadbury milk chocolate rather than an intense true dark chocolate.

The Ujicha Shoro I found to be quite true tasting, certainly with the matcha and spectacularly so with the houjicha version. It could be because the azuki bean paste the tea powders are blended with don't interfere so much with the taste as the usual cocoa, milk and vegetable fats.

I'm assuming there is a whole field dedicated to understanding the difference in the tastes we perceive from matcha and other powdered green teas when they are combined with fats and when they are combined with water (not to mention temperature, steeping time, distribution of air, etc, etc, etc... Just reminded myself of how complicated it all is and how very little I know!)

*most of the "matcha" candy is unlikely to be prepared with genuine matcha.
Thanks! I wonder if my unrefined palette can taste the differences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.