Intl to Dom connection at KIX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold

Hi all,

Will be doing a connection at KIC this coming DEC.

Arriving at KIX on TG622 F 0625 and planning to book ANA NH144 to HND.

Is such a short connection time possible?

Since these 2 are separate bookings but same alliance, is it possible to through check my luggage all the way to HND?

Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: UA *G MM
It would help if you provide departure time for NH flight.

ANA probably provides a MCT for its Intl-domestic on its website. Use that as a guide.

You will have to clear customs at KIX. Check-in cutoff for Japanese domestic is remarkably something like 15-20 min before departure.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
hi gnaget

I'll be arriving on TG622 at 0625

and i plan to book NH144 departing at 0810.

will it be possible to through check my lugagge to HND? but since u mentioned that I'll have to clear customs at KIX, seems like not possible.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:54 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by RCTP
will it be possible to through check my lugagge to HND? but since u mentioned that I'll have to clear customs at KIX, seems like not possible.
You can indeed check your luggage through to HND You will need to go through customs at KIX and then recheck your bag to HND. You should be able to ask that it is tagged to HND when you check in at BKK.

Last edited by armagebedar; Oct 16, 2013 at 6:55 pm Reason: incorrect information
Old Oct 16, 2013, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar
You can indeed check your luggage through to HND; ensure that it is tagged to HND when you check in at BKK.
Thanks for the info, armagebedar!

I'm actually starting my flight from SIN. And I usually check in at the Premium Check In Lounge.

Earlier this year in August I took TG to TPE and check in staff took 1.5hrs to check with TG office if they can through check my luggage from SIN to TPE via BKK.

Hopefully wont have to go through the same thing this time round.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:52 am

They can do customs at HND domestic? Really? How?

I think your connection time should be fine. If it's a separate ticket then maybe book the next one (if there is one) and maybe you can get on earlier flight. Outside the morning and evening it's Starflyer that operates HND-KIX and they codeshare with ANA.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:54 pm

Sorry, not sure what I was thinking but gnaget is right -- you will have to pick up your luggage at KIX and recheck it at the there. But it should already be tagged to HND.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Well, i'll settle for my luggage to be tagged to HND. Will I lose my priority tag if i had them tagged at SIN?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by RCTP
Well, i'll settle for my luggage to be tagged to HND. Will I lose my priority tag if i had them tagged at SIN?
Lose? If you are *G then ANA will retag your bag with a priority tag. There is no advantage to tagging it through otherwise.

My impression of KIX is that it is a pretty sleepy airport without much activity. Been through their 3 times with domestic to intl connections but not reverse.

Not sure if KIX has a premium check-in area for domestic but it's very nice at HND.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Aye the problem is I'll be reaching *G AFTER my TG622 flight. Dont think the mileage gets credited thay quickly.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by gnaget
My impression of KIX is that it is a pretty sleepy airport without much activity. Been through their 3 times with domestic to intl connections but not reverse.
It can get extremely busy, especially during the morning peak. I once had an hour-long wait at security and emigration at the start of Golden Week...

Not sure if KIX has a premium check-in area for domestic but it's very nice at HND.
As with all regional airports there is a dedicated premium check-in counter. No priority security, but you won't really need it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.