Wiki Posts
Search

Moving between terminals in NRT w/out ticket to that terminal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Moving between terminals in NRT w/out ticket to that terminal

Hi,

I will be traveling KUL-NRT-SAN with a 10 hr layover in NRT. I'll be on economy, MH then JAL on AA codeshare tickets. It looks to me that MH and JAL are both in Terminal 2. I have passes for the United lounge, and was hoping to use it for a rest and clean up, but that's in Terminal 1.

I've tried searching the forums on how to move between Terminal 2 and 1 in NRT.
Option 1: airside shuttle - sounds like you can only use this if you have a boarding pass for Terminal 1?
Option 2: exit to non-secure area, take bus to Terminal 1, go through security - will they let me into Terminal 1 even though my ticket is for Terminal 2 (couldn't find an answer to this in my search)

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:02 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Originally Posted by yakk0
I've tried searching the forums on how to move between Terminal 2 and 1 in NRT.
Option 1: airside shuttle - sounds like you can only use this if you have a boarding pass for Terminal 1?
Option 2: exit to non-secure area, take bus to Terminal 1, go through security - will they let me into Terminal 1 even though my ticket is for Terminal 2 (couldn't find an answer to this in my search)
You will not be able to enter T1 without a valid boarding pass for an airline departing from T1. If you'd like a shower/rest, I would simply use the public facilities available in T2, with dayrooms available airside and showers available both airside and landside.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:02 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
People have reported being able to take the airside shuttle from one terminal to the other without holding a boarding pass (merely by citing a flight number in the terminal they want to go to). But I think they sometimes demand to see a boarding pass. As armagebedar says, public showers are also available - both airside and landside.

With 10 hours (assuming daytime), I'd certainly get out of the airport and visit Narita or Tokyo. You can find shower / bath facilities in both places. For example, there's at least one onsen (hot spring) in Narita).
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will take a trip to Narita.

Good to know that there are shower options besides the lounges.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I've had to use the airside shuttle, they were checking boarding passes carefully but this might have been more to avoid having passengers make mistakes. I also remember needing to show documents in the new terminal upon arrival from the shuttle, before being able to mix with other departing passengers.

If you're feeling energetic, head for Tokyo. Otherwise, Narita village is an interesting and relaxing place to spend some time. Don't spend ten hours in the airport; at least get an airport hotel day room if you really must rest.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:30 pm

There are actually lots, for sure before I send you this post, you already had found one, but I want to suggest that you try shabu shabu, it's really good with more variety of meat to choose from.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jib71
People have reported being able to take the airside shuttle from one terminal to the other without holding a boarding pass (merely by citing a flight number in the terminal they want to go to). .
I was able to do that last time I was there on Sep 22, but the supervisor at the security check point was reluctantly let me go with my flight number written on a piece of paper. I had a legitimate flight that afternoon, but i lost the itinerary printout somehow. Wouldn't want to do it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.