Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Advice on Humidity in Tokyo (what to do / how to cope)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on Humidity in Tokyo (what to do / how to cope)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 4:44 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by lobsterdog
I think what you may be thinking of near the Four Seasons is the large area of underground walkways in the area near the subway station to the west of the hotel in Marunouchi.

No, that's nothing - what I'm saying is that from the basement of the building your hotel is in, you can walk north and then west to upper Otemachi (maybe 20 minutes), or west and then south and then east to Higashi-Ginza (maybe 30 minutes). So a lot more than 1/2 mile, with underground connections to well over a hundred buildings.
I doubt there's direct access from the hotel itself - but there seems to be access from the building (Pacific Century Place). If I get a chance - I'll take a look-see. Robyn
Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With a (seemingly) typhoon on the way, it should be particularly humid from Sunday !
Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:43 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
With a (seemingly) typhoon on the way, it should be particularly humid from Sunday !
Thanks for the "heads up". We're leaving tomorrow - but other people will be here. BTW - here's a really good English language website (I use it all the time at home) that people can use to track the storm (which is now predicted to hit Japan as a Cat 1 Sunday/Monday - although it's really too early to predict with precision).

http://www.wunderground.com/hurrican...ession-Sixteen

Robyn
Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mjm
Midtown is the name :-)
I stand corrected.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by robyng
I doubt there's direct access from the hotel itself - but there seems to be access from the building (Pacific Century Place).
Of course there's direct access to the underground passageways from the Four Seasons Hotel - just take the elevator from the hotel down to B1F and you're there.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:12 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by lobsterdog
Of course there's direct access to the underground passageways from the Four Seasons Hotel - just take the elevator from the hotel down to B1F and you're there.
During my hotel stay - I discovered one hotel elevator that went down that far. It was opposite the meeting rooms in the hotel - and didn't provide access to the guest room floors (makes sense from a security POV). Robyn
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Pocari Sweat or JT Peach Water

+ DRI-FIT.

Heaven.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.