Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DTW-NRT-BKK Connection question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

DTW-NRT-BKK Connection question

I have a 2hr10min layover in NRT before continuing to BKK. Ive never flown to asia before. This is on delta and im a usa citizen....is 2hrs10min enough for me to arrive to NRT and go thru customs and what not and then get to my connecting flight to bkk? Do i need to get my checked bags or will those be automatically forwarded to bkk?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: various
Plenty of time. All you will have to do is go through a transit security checkpoint, no Immigration or Customs. Your bags should be tagged all the way through to BKK when you check in at DTW, they'll be routed to BKK automatically so no need to deal with personally at NRT. FWIW, DL (well, old NW) used to have connections as short as 45 min scheduled at NRT! NRT is very efficient and if your incoming flight is late and makes the connection to BKK tight, usually uniformed airport staff will be holding up signs by the security checkpoint, looking for transit passengers that need to make their connections quickly, and get you to the front of the lines. NRT is very efficient and staff are professional and polite.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:08 pm

It's plenty of time. You'll go through a security check at NRT between getting off the plane and getting to the gate for your BKK flight but this usually doesn't take too long. If you have Sky Priority status on DL they may move you into a priority lane to get through the checkpoint. Your bags will be checked all the way to BKK, no worries there. 2:10 should give time to walk around or go to the lounge for a while if you have access.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 6:55 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Please follow this in the Japan forum.

l'etoile
sr. moderator
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: UA, NW
NRT is well-signed in English, so you should have no trouble figuring out where transit passengers are supposed to go. Basically, you veer off down a different corridor at the point where passengers whose final destination is Japan go through Immigration.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the help everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.