Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Transport NRT / Narita to Hyatt Regency Tokyo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Hey Everyone,

My fiance' and I are flying into Japan for our honeymoon. The only flight we could get was into Narita, Japan. We are looking to get into Haneda for two nights, but it seems like every option is really expensive.

The best thing I could find was a limousine bus that costs about $40pp each way.

Are there better options? Should we just stay in Narita? ideas?

Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by robjk
We are looking to get into Haneda for two nights, but it seems like every option is really expensive.

The best thing I could find was a limousine bus that costs about $40pp each way.
Are you trying to get to HND or to central Tokyo? Going between NRT-HND isn't exactly the easiest transit ever, they're very far apart. The limousine bus is probably the easiest way to get between the two airports. Trains will actually be more expensive and take more time.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to get to the Hyatt Regency in Tokyo, so I wouldn't need to get all the way to Haneda Airport.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
You can buy a Suica & N'EX package for Y3500 and take the N'EX to Shinjuku station and either walk (hotel isn't that far) or take the free hotel shuttle from JR Shinjuku station. You can refund the Suica card later if you don't use it for Y1790. This is probably the fastest, cheapest and most reliable way to get to the Hyatt Regency from NRT.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

awesome. Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 5:14 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by robjk
My fiance' and I are flying into Japan for our honeymoon.
You can also look into Japan Forum for more discussion.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 3:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Moved to Japan Forum for topic appropriateness - and more responses?

JDiver, Senior Moderator
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:28 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Hyatt Regency is nowhere near Haneda. You want to go to Shinjuku, look in the sticky here in the Japan forum for details.

Oh, and the comment that the railroad would be more expensive than the bus is just plain wrong. The cheapest railroad option is about half the price of the bus; the fastest railroad option is still a bit cheaper than the bus. The train route is also cheaper than the bus between Narita and Haneda but a bit more complicated (you have to transfer once or twice, depending on the train you get from Narita).

For two nights, you absolutely, positively want to go into Tokyo -- it would be a waste to stay in Narita.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Easiest(60~120min): Limousine Bus door-to-door to the hotel. Limousine bus passengers can buy the special ticket with a free 1-day metropass for 3100yen. Luggage handling included.

If you take the train, you lug your bags along, and Shinjuku is not the place to do so on your first visit. Or you send the bags by courier for ~1800/pc. Hyatt Regency provides a free shuttle bus service from Shinjuku Station. The challenge is to locate the bus stop on your first ever visit.

Cheapest (98min): Keisei Express to Nippori switching to JR Yamanote to Shinjuku = 1190yen

Direct Train(90min) : Narita Express to Shinjuku = 3500yen with a 2000 SUICA fare card which is refundable. net cost 1500

Faster(67min + transfer time): Keisei Skyliner to Nippori followed by JR = 2290yen and get a free 1-day metropass

Last edited by beep88; Nov 1, 2011 at 3:55 pm
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:49 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you do take the train, it's not a big deal as suggested above, just take a taxi from any exit -- although the shortest ride would be if you left via the west exit and then just walked straight ahead about 100 meters to the taxi rank.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by beep88
Easiest(60~120min): Limousine Bus door-to-door to the hotel...Hyatt Regency provides a free shuttle bus service from Shinjuku Station. The challenge is to locate the bus stop on your first ever visit.

Cheapest (98min): Keisei Express...

Direct Train(90min) : Narita Express to Shinjuku...

Faster(67min + transfer time): Keisei Skyliner…
I just read a new post today (Jan. 2015) regarding the Narita Express: "Starting 14th Mar, 2015, JR East will start selling the "N’EX TOKYO Round Trip Ticket" aimed for tourists (non-Japanese passport holders)."
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...ar-2015-a.html

1) Am wondering if the information in the above-quoted 2011 post by beep88 is still basically accurate. Does anyone know of any significant changes to that?

2) I know where the Shinjuku Station shuttle bus stop for the Park Hyatt is. Is the shuttle bus stop for the Hyatt Regency at that same location?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by muji
1) Am wondering if the information in the above-quoted 2011 post by beep88 is still basically accurate. Does anyone know of any significant changes to that?

2) I know where the Shinjuku Station shuttle bus stop for the Park Hyatt is. Is the shuttle bus stop for the Hyatt Regency at that same location?
Limo Bus is still definitely the easiest way to get from NRT to Hyatt Regency since it's door to door and they handle the luggage for you. Some of beep's info from 2011 is outdated at this point. For instance, I don't think they have that Narita Express / Suica card special anymore.

Regarding the shuttle bus:
PH: http://www.parkhyatttokyo.com/Contac...ss_map_bus.pdf
HR: http://tokyo.regency.hyatt.com/conte...urtesy_bus.pdf

I stay at HR sometimes. The hardest part of getting from the station to HR is navigating your way through the station to getting yourself out towards the right exit. By the time you get to the area near Odakyu Halc, you've cleared most of the hurdles and you're only 7-8min away on foot from the hotel. So I never bother with the hotel shuttle.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn

Regarding the shuttle bus:
HR: http://tokyo.regency.hyatt.com/conte...urtesy_bus.pdf

...By the time you get to the area near Odakyu Halc, you've cleared most of the hurdles and you're only 7-8min away on foot from the hotel. So I never bother with the hotel shuttle.
Thank you, evergrn. Just looked at the HR link you provided. It says "The bus leaves from Bus Stop #35 located in front of Odakyu Halc Store at Shinjuku Station West Exit upper level."

I'll give that a try, or as you said, maybe just walk from the station.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
The Hyatt Regency is also attached to Tochomae Station (Oedo Line) via a comfortably heated underground passage.

Getting to the hotel from NRT, the limousine bus is the easiest. They also have a discounted ticket if you purchase with your Discover Card at NRT.

Once you're checked in, you can either put yourself at the mercy of the shuttle bus to Shinjuku or walk 5 minutes downstairs to Tochomae station.

Best of all, as you come up the escalator to the hotel, there's a shiny and nice 7-11. ^
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Going to the hotel I always walked. It's in the morning going to work, if the bus is wait, I would take it.

Over the years we had to "rescue" many first time visitor colleagues who got lost inside Shinjuku station. But some are more prone to getting lost than others I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.