Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Things to do in Tokyo from 11p-7a

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: UA, ANA, BA
Originally Posted by joejones
There are indeed a lot of touts if you go late at night, at least in the Kabuki-cho area (which is the only area where anything happens late at night).
The touts aren't THAT bad. Just don't make eye contact, say no thanks, and keep walking.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by joejones
There are indeed a lot of touts if you go late at night, at least in the Kabuki-cho area (which is the only area where anything happens late at night).
Oh, I had heard that there had been recent a crackdown on the Kabukicho toutage. Anyway even at its peak it was much less aggressive than Roppongi.

And Kabukicho is far from the only place in Shinjuku where anything happens late at night - for example there's Golden Gai, Ni-Chome, and the triangle west of Meiji-dori for example, and scattered late-night spots like Club Wire and Rolling Stone.

But looking at a late-night map of Tokyo I see that Shibuya might be even better than Shinjuku.

Last edited by lobsterdog; Feb 24, 2011 at 11:50 pm
Old Feb 25, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by lobsterdog
even at its peak it was much less aggressive than Roppongi.
Photo evidence or data please.

And Kabukicho is far from the only place in Shinjuku where anything happens late at night - for example there's Golden Gai...
That would be Kabukicho 1-chome...

Ni-Chome...
If that's the way your dingle dangles...

and the triangle west of Meiji-dori
Ah yes! The famous TWOM-BECA district.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:44 pm

Luggage Storage and what to do near Tsujiki Market?

I'll be in a very similar situation as the OP. My plane arrives 10:30pm. I won't have any checked in luggage so I'll probably be through w/ immigrations by 11:30pm.

What can I do between 11:30pm-4:00am so it'll be convenient for me to head to Tsujiki Market by 4:30am? Where can I store my luggage as the luggage forward service will be closed after 11pm at HND. I will only have a small 22 inches carry-on board size and not much else.

Basically, I don't have a place to stay the arrival night but my hotels for the next few nights will be near JR Kanda Station.

Is there a manga cafe near Hamatsuchuo station or Tsujikishijo station? Are there lockers in those stations and will they be available for me to use after midnight? Can I hang out at those stations even after the last train? Basically I just need a place to hang out and a locker to store my luggage for 4ish hours before the tuna auction.

Thank you for all your help in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.