Search

Tobu World Square - Nikko

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ *G
Tobu World Square - Nikko

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has been to the Tobu World Square in Nikko, and if you can suggest a length of time I should schedule to spend there?

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: united mileage plus
There are two distinct parts of Nikko that you would probably like to see. One is the temple area which is at ground level in Nikko town. There are several temples in the same area (one has the famous three see no evil say no evil monkeys on its face). Visiting them will take a few hours. The other main area is up a long road to a lake that has swan boats and a nearby waterfall - all of these within walking distance of each other. In the lake/waterfall area there are monkeys (be careful not to look them in the eyes or engage aggressively with them).
Old Feb 14, 2011, 4:05 am

And what does that have to do with the OP's question? Tobu World Square is nowhere near the town of Nikko, it's near Kinugawa-Onsen on a different railway line.

http://www.tobuws.co.jp/en/access/index.html
Old Feb 14, 2011, 4:54 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by jpatokal
And what does that have to do with the OP's question? Tobu World Square is nowhere near the town of Nikko, it's near Kinugawa-Onsen on a different railway line.
And what does that have to do with the OP's question? :discombobulated: Tobu World Square doesn't interest me at all and I wouldn't spend five minutes there.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by jib71
And what does that have to do with the OP's question? :discombobulated: Tobu World Square doesn't interest me at all and I wouldn't spend five minutes there.
And what does that also have to do with the OP's question? Tobu World Square doesn't interest me either and I wouldn't spend even 1 minute there (unless I could play Godzilla), but what do I know--I paid to enter the nearby Western Mura and see "Mt. Rushmore".
Old Feb 14, 2011, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by chibi_hung
suggest a length of time I should schedule to spend there?
The consensus of the board appears to be less than one minute, provided you're in the right place and not the wrong place. Plus, there are some nice things to see in Nikko, which is a completely different place on a different railway line.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
To the OP:
There are over 100 exhibits. Almost half of these are based on structures in Japan, about 10 in the Tokyo area. My advice is to go see the real structures these scale models on based on. One of the big attractions now being advertised at the theme park is the 1:25 scale model of the Tokyo Sky Tree. For goodness sakes you can see the real thing here in Tokyo!

If you are still set on this theme park, how long it would take to see everything depends on how slowly you walk. With over 100 exhibits you may need to schedule at least a couple of hours, more if you plan to shop and eat there. (I know I said one minute, but once I've paid for something, you can be darn sure I'm going to get every last yen worth of value out of it even if it kills me.)

Speaking of prices, tickets are 2,500 yen for adults, 1,200 yen for children (in Japan that means up to the age of 12). There is a printable coupon on their website that will discount this price by 500 yen for adults and 200 yen for children.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
once I've paid for something, you can be darn sure I'm going to get every last yen worth of value out of it even if it kills me.
(For those of you who want to learn from the master, DoubleJ can be observed at Mabo-meetings devouring every last yen-worth of value from a dish that may well kill us all).
Old Feb 14, 2011, 3:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
I thought Tobu World Square was a really cool place, but I'm an Otaku... It really depends on what your interests are, you can spend 5minutes there or over an hour.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by jib71
(For those of you who want to learn from the master, DoubleJ can be observed at Mabo-meetings devouring every last yen-worth of value from a dish that may well kill us all).
And the aftereffects may be just as deadly to innocent family members, beloved pets, unsuspecting coworkers, and even strangers on the subway, as well!

Back on topic, I did enjoy Madurodam as a kid!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.