Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Disney Land/Sea

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
As mentioned, the Disney Land attractions are basically the same as the ones you could experience in Florida or California.

Originally Posted by blueeyes_two
May 7, 2012 - May 25, 2012 - Journey to the Center of the Earth
This is a "dark" roller coaster ride that takes place inside a volcano. Not a spectavular roller coaster (the best in the Tokyo Disney parks is Raging Spirits) but lots of really neat imagery in both the line to get in the attraction and within the ride itself. Worth seeing...but guess it will only be open on the last day of your stay.

And I've found that it doesn't rain so much in mid-May, but YMMV.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Beyond packed, they are also full, as in they do not let anybody inside without a dated ticket. Maybe not DisneySea so much, but DisneyLand gets the 入場制限 fairly often.
Interestingly, DisneySea but not Disneyland was in that status this Saturday.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the rest of this month, the Tokyo Disney Parks are offering a "Summer After 5" ticket, which gets you in the park from 5pm for 3300 yen (same price for adults and children)

This is one hour earlier than the regular weekday After 6 passport for the same price, offering five hours of time in the park, enough to hit several rides and see the night time shows/fireworks, so a pretty good deal while it lasts.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: All of Them
Maybe a bit of an old thread, but I went this past Thursday for the entire day to DisneySea. This was my second visit since moving to Japan. Its really a fun park for the older ones of us and the attention to detail of every little thing there is mind boggling. No wonder it cost $4 billion to build. I wrote up a full report with tips and pics on my site. http://wp.me/p3X4vN-9f
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:06 am

I am so happy to have stumbled upon your DisneySea post….really excellent and I will refer to it on our next trip to Japan. Our first trip was in winter and, even with sparse crowds, we weren't adequately prepared. My strongest recollection of the Disney Parks was the inclination of everyone - and I mean everyone - to sprint between attractions. It was off-putting and funny at the same time. As a result, your picture of the "For Safety Please Walk" sign made me laugh. Thanks for posting this.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Richklhs
Maybe a bit of an old thread, but I went this past Thursday for the entire day to DisneySea. This was my second visit since moving to Japan. Its really a fun park for the older ones of us and the attention to detail of every little thing there is mind boggling. No wonder it cost $4 billion to build. I wrote up a full report with tips and pics on my site. http://wp.me/p3X4vN-9f
Since we live in LA and are annual pass holders to Disneyland and Calif Adventures, we were going for the rides that we don't have in CA last time we were at DisneySea. We don't even know how long the line is for Toy Story since we had no interest in it. We love the Journey to the center of earth and 20000 leagues under the sea. My wife couldn't stop talking about them since she read the books when she was young.

We also like the different type of popcorns in different area of the park. We did line up for 40 min for the show with the talking turtle. Turns out it was not a good idea.. since the whole show is in Japanese. It seems like a really fun show though judging by the reaction of the audience.

One of the best things we like about DisneySea in Tokyo.... is the amount of the trash cans in the park! After spending a few days in Tokyo we really missed public trash cans! It was such a relief that we didn't have to carry the trash with us thru the park.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: FT
all that for Toy Story? really? that is just insane although i saw a line around the block last month for a store selling....umbrella's???????

i loved how tower of terror is totally different theme wise as compared with Orlando.

i was at DisneySea in 2007 and it appears that the only new ride since then is toy story. i could be wrong, however. it was fun.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:10 pm

Richklhs, great report and your wait time datakeeping is strong work!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:06 pm

Great report!

I don't recall seeing Toy Story Mania when I was there in 2011. When did it open??

My favourite was Tower of Terror and Journey to the Centre of the Earth. Waited 60 minutes on a weekday for the latter for my first ride, but definitely worth it! I also like to take the rides just as it is getting dark, makes for a nice change from the daytime.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:20 pm

Would mid-August be considered a peak time for Tokyo Disneyland? Reading the prior postings makes all of summer to be so. I will be in Tokyo for the 10-14, and wish to go there for one of the days (either the full day or possibly a night pass if it won;t be too crowded yet). I also want to know in case I need to buy my ticket in advance and avoid the admission full status if I wait to purchase it the same day.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AUCLABruin
Would mid-August be considered a peak time for Tokyo Disneyland?
Absolutely, it's the middle of summer vacation fot school children. Also dreadfully hot and muggy.

If you must go, go at night.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AUCLABruin
Would mid-August be considered a peak time for Tokyo Disneyland?
Agree with hailstorm, go at night.

Went to both parks earlier this year but went during Spring break a couple of years ago. Spring break has similar crowd levels to mid August.

You can expect Two hour and upward waits for rides. Queues get less intense later in the day, particularly if you can forego some of the parades. Being with a chatty and VERY sociable small child meant we had a wonderful time in the long queues. But that was March when it was nice and cool. Doubt I would feel the same way in August.
I'd suggest several night visits rather than one or two long day visits if you are intent on going.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: FT
both parks have been busy when i have been in may and recently in june - DURING the week and during times when there is no holidays and kids were in school.

there is some odd obsession with the parades so that is a great time to go to the rides...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: Dirt
Saw this on the twitosphere. It was so hot lately that no one went to the parks. 5 minute wait for Splash Mountain. http://pic.twitter.com/t6eCwAjFtn
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msb0b
Saw this on the twitosphere. It was so hot lately that no one went to the parks. 5 minute wait for Splash Mountain. http://pic.twitter.com/t6eCwAjFtn
That's about as legit as the YouTube video of Ichiro's bunt home run.

Probably made use of being one of the first people inside the park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.