Tokyo Disney Land/Sea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Disney Land/Sea

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! I'm not very clear on the dates for schoolkids at this time.
Is it March 24th to April 6th or is this wrong for this year?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by LapLap
schoolkids
University students too...
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was usually the day after the March National hoiday for 2 weeks IIRC. I believe it would be slightly different in each prefecture/region. It was not unusual for school to begin the new year in the middle of the week. Nevertheless those two weekends will be busy at Disney (not to mention the weekdays).
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
 It was usually the day after the March National hoiday for 2 weeks IIRC. I believe it would be slightly different in each prefecture/region. It was not unusual for school to begin the new year in the middle of the week. Nevertheless those two weekends will be busy at Disney (not to mention the weekdays).
Aaah, I see...
The plan may be to leave MrLapLap out of the equation and go with 'she-who-must-be-obeyed' and granddad to DisneyLand in the second week of March and then return to DisneySea once all the kids (and big kids - your post was noted jib71) descend en masse. Papa's stay is shorter than mine and LapInfant's.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Private schools have their own schedules, so you may still see significantly more people for a week or so before and after the public school vacation schedule.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Private schools have their own schedules, so you may still see significantly more people for a week or so before and after the public school vacation schedule.
Significantly more people than when I'm not in Japan or significantly less than when I am there and the bulk of the nation's youth are on vacation. As I've little choice in the matter I'm happy to be a half empty kind of gal on this occasion.

Strategies definitely required now.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Even when I've gone on non-holiday weekdays, both parks are packed. It's nuts.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Even when I've gone on non-holiday weekdays, both parks are packed. It's nuts.
Beyond packed, they are also full, as in they do not let anybody inside without a dated ticket. Maybe not DisneySea so much, but DisneyLand gets the 入場制限 fairly often.

On another note, has anybody ever been fortunate enough to see Club 33?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jib71
For some reason that I can't really fathom, the staff at McD and Starbucks do actually communicate about orders with each other in a warped form of English.
I love ordering a triple grande non-fat vanilla latte at Starbucks in Japan, just to hear the workers yell it twice across the back of the counter. It embarrasses my husband to no end.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I ever find a wait staff at a McDonalds in Japan that does not smile at me, I always go ahead and order the free smile (which also embarasses the people I am with to no end). But to their credit, that rarely ever happens...sometimes I wonder if they get plastic surgery to have the smile permanently embedded in their face...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA, AMEX, Hertz, Jetblue, National, Enterprise, Hilton, Marriott
Red face Wait times in May 2012

Hi Everyone, does anyone know what kind of wait times are in the Disney parks during May in Japan??

We will be there at some point between May 12th - May 26th! Any help would be really appreciated!!

ALSO what will the weather be like during that time frame?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blueeyes_two
Hi Everyone, does anyone know what kind of wait times are in the Disney parks during May in Japan??

We will be there at some point between May 12th - May 26th! Any help would be really appreciated!!

ALSO what will the weather be like during that time frame?
Hello.

What do you mean by "wait times"? Wait times to get into the park, or wait times for particular attractions?

May weather in Tokyo is usually some of the best of the year, as the rainy season has passed and the weather is not too hot in the day time, and maybe only need a light jacket at night. Of course, this means that the parks will be quite crowded, especially on the weekends.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello.

What do you mean by "wait times"? Wait times to get into the park, or wait times for particular attractions?

May weather in Tokyo is usually some of the best of the year, as the rainy season has passed and the weather is not too hot in the day time, and maybe only need a light jacket at night. Of course, this means that the parks will be quite crowded, especially on the weekends.
Really, the rainy season has passed?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA, AMEX, Hertz, Jetblue, National, Enterprise, Hilton, Marriott
Question

Hello.

Oh sorry, i meant, wait times at the popular attractions.

Also in my research i found out that the following rides will be closed,
in disney land tokyo, but i dont know if these are mainly kiddie rides or are they rides tht my husband i would want to experience. does anyone know??
should we rush to get them in at the beginning of our trip before they close for maintance??

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/e...top/index.html
Disneyland tokyo

May 15, 2012 - July 13, 2012 - Beaver Brothers Explorer Canoes

May 15, 2012 - July 13, 2012 -Western River Railroad

May 15, 2012 - July 13, 2012 - Tom Sawyer Island Rafts

May 15, 2012 - July 13, 2012 - Mark Twain Riverboat

and in disney land sea
May 7, 2012 - May 25, 2012 - Journey to the Center of the Earth
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:30 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Based on the equivalent rides at the original Disneyland (the one in L.A.), I'd say that missing the Tom Sawyer Island rafts, Mark Twain Riverboat, and probably the Beaver Bros canoes is fine, they aren't that important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.