Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

What Japanese hotels have frequent user club memberships?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

I have heard that some hotels in Japan offer frequent user club membership immediately, and povide some useful advantages. I understand that the Tokyo Imperial International Club card lets you swim and use the sauna for free and you can ask for late check out, and there are laundry and restaurant discounts - has anyone used this club and have any comments? I've gotten tired of Hilton and Hyatt frequent user systems, not because they are impractical, but because I get tired of the same more or less manualized, predictable places. Any other Japan options?

Last edited by chamade; Apr 7, 2010 at 6:22 pm Reason: typo!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Both Prince and New Otani offer club memberships. I used Prince Club much more often than New Otani and member rates is close to corporate rates.

Prince has a reservation desk in Hawaii and I just send them an email to make a reservation.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:36 am
Original Poster

benefits?

What does Prince and New otani offer members? They have websites?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: JGC Premier, One World Emerald
I do use the Imperial Club International benefits when I stay at the Imperial Hotel. In addition to room rate, restaurant and laundry service discounts, and complimentary fitness center and sauna access, club members receive information on other quarterly specials.

Hotel Okura Tokyo has a similar program called Okura Club International.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by chamade
What does Prince and New otani offer members? They have websites?
A bit better rate and discount on other items. We have corporate rate at Prince so not so much difference.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:30 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think Keio Plaza has (or had) the Executive Club that you could join for free.

Apparently the Granvia in Kyoto station has some sort of club you pay for but the benefits exceed the cost.

And of course, hotels affiliated with international chains have the benefits and status levels they do elsewhere (Westin, Hyatt, Conrad, Marriott, etc.).
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
New Otani's program is free and offers a number of benefits even if you never actually stay at the hotel -- restaurant discounts, fitness center discounts, etc. etc. Google "New Otani Club" for all the details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.