Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Unusual JLMB Hotel Award Booking Experience?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2007, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance

In preparation for the San Francisco Do, I booked a SF Hilton room for two nights. I called the JMB Center, and was hung up on twice, before getting to a live agent. After hearing the agent's name, I thought JL uses Indian Call Centers, too! But after listening more closely, I determined the agent might be Thai. First, she asked my name, verified my address, etc. Then she asked if it was for two people...I said yes! She asked for the other persons name. Not knowing who the other person might be, I said it'll just be me. She told me that I couldn't change to two people, after making the reservation. OK, I came up with the name of a female FTer who could possibly join me. Note: I have an English family name and she has a Chinese family name. The agent asks if that's my sister, I say no, my GF. Actually, she's not even my GF, just a friend. The agent tells me we have to be related, so we go back to the sister story and she seems satisfied! She carefully enters the FTers name and mine. I'm thinking this all quite weird, but I can live with it! As were wrapping things up, I ask her if she is in Thailand? No, Los Angeles from Bangkok. She verifies more information and I respond: Chai, krap! A little more chatting and I offer her a kob kun krap, and she responds: kob kun ka!

It was a fun and little strange experience! Will the Hilton really hold me to bringing my specific FTer friend? If I bring a different female FTer, will she need to come up with a fake ID?
Old Jul 2, 2007, 7:23 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
As an experienced Hilton Diamond, I don't think it's going to matter who you show up with. Your name is on the res; you check in; you hand over a credit card; what do they care. I wouldn't expect any problems re: your phantom roomie.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG & Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
She was probably so used to asking these questions for flight-related awards given how those rules work. I concur: the Hilton isn't going to care or even check. However, somewhere in a JMB filing cabinet is the name of your girlfriend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.