Community
Wiki Posts
Search

773 F or 351 J

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2024, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Talking 773 F or 351 J

Kind of have a dilemma similar to this thread: a350-1000 v B777 in J so mods please move me if needed.

So I'm super excited to have an upcoming trip booked on the new 351 service between HND and DFW. Managed an upgrade on the outbound to F but sad to see that caviar has disappeared again in June. Oh well.

On the return I was booked in J on the 351 service from DFW and had waitlisted for upgrade to F but looks like it's unlikely to clear (with F1 and A showing L). 1 day after my scheduled return (which suits my schedule slightly better, actually), there's an upgrade space available in F but it's on the 773.

Can't decide if should move the flight to clear the upgrade - has anyone flown both J on 351 and F in 773 and have notes on how the 2 compare? Obviously F catering is gonna be better than J, but other than that, would you say the hard product of J on the 351 edges out F in 773? Or I should just keep the return in J and try the new J for novelty's sake?
Old May 20, 2024, 6:13 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
JAL marketing team must have done one hell of a job to make someone even question whether new J seat on A351 is better than the old F seat on 773 LOL

Define your criteria. J seats is narrower, have more restricted footwell but has newer tech and a door.
yannix likes this.
Old May 21, 2024, 1:14 am

Not to mention improvements in humidity and cabin altitude and noise for the newer craft. That being said Im not one who cares at all about doors. Hard to go wrong with either choice. If youre real tall with giant feet like me that may tip the scales
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 21, 2024, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
JAL marketing team must have done one hell of a job to make someone even question whether new J seat on A351 is better than the old F seat on 773 LOL

Define your criteria. J seats is narrower, have more restricted footwell but has newer tech and a door.
Must be all the online hype that got to me haha.

I guess I just want a comfy ride, not particularly tall and dont really care about doors. Had great experiences on 773 F before, just never flown the 351 (in either cabin) thats it.

I guess the prevailing wisdom is that F is always better than J?
Old May 21, 2024, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I really don't like the 77W J, but end up in it a lot. I also don't love the 77W F, the seats are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO dated and half the time the tracks are clogged with crap that they don't move easily. I'm flying the new A351 J in August so can't speak to it just yet but looks great, 100% chance I'd take it over the 77W J, but don't know about 77W F to be honest. I'm just so unimpressed with JL's 77W F that it's really a point I'd consider. I am one of the outliers here who doesn't think their F menu is great, they definitely have better Japanese whiskey in F if you're into that, but I'm really tired of that seat that never operates smoothly.
Old May 21, 2024, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by dvs7310
I really don't like the 77W J, but end up in it a lot. I also don't love the 77W F, the seats are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO dated and half the time the tracks are clogged with crap that they don't move easily. I'm flying the new A351 J in August so can't speak to it just yet but looks great, 100% chance I'd take it over the 77W J, but don't know about 77W F to be honest. I'm just so unimpressed with JL's 77W F that it's really a point I'd consider. I am one of the outliers here who doesn't think their F menu is great, they definitely have better Japanese whiskey in F if you're into that, but I'm really tired of that seat that never operates smoothly.
I agree that the 77w F is super dated with a very dated ife setup and fake wood that really looks beat up and shows its age.

I disagree regarding 77w J though because as a quite-tall longlegged bigfooted person, the Apex Suite is still the best J seat out there.

i have a number of a351 F flights coming up later this year and early next and hope to get a chance to sneak back and see if the unfortunate trend of building seat infrastructure into the space us giants need for knees/legs/feet applies there as well.
Old May 23, 2024, 7:05 am

Prob a350 J

777 F is really old and dated even from 10 years ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.