Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to determine airplane version?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:49 pm

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
The problem is that there are no good alternatives that I am aware of that provides seat diagrams and seat reviews.

There is aeroLOPA, but that site only provides the seat diagram and seat dimensions, but there are no review/feedback on what seats are good/bad etc.

The only other way is to dig through FT forums and hope there are some sort of consolidated seating thread.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA ,FB, Marriott, Enterprise,Amex
I guess what prompted my question was that in seat guru there are seats labeled as lower quality. So even though I knew the information from Japan airlines I wanted to look up any seat reviews to assure that I wasnt placed in a seat that had a negative aspect.
I truly appreciate the conversation that this question brought up though and have learned from the responses.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Daytona
The problem is that there are no good alternatives that I am aware of that provides seat diagrams and seat reviews.

There is aeroLOPA, but that site only provides the seat diagram and seat dimensions, but there are no review/feedback on what seats are good/bad etc.

The only other way is to dig through FT forums and hope there are some sort of consolidated seating thread.
The question is if you prefer no reviews but accurate seat maps, or inaccurate seat maps with dubious review comments. As a default, seatguru gives the warning "the seat may have limited recline" for any Y row in front of a bulkhead. Which was particularly hilarious when they assigned it to the ANA Y fixed shell seats.... The problem is the comments are too generic, and not verified.

In my younger or more naive days, I once tried to get them to change the seat map for the SAS A321 as the layout of seats and FA jump seats around the mid cabin exits were wrong. After two updates to other wrong layouts I just gave up.

I think for US based airlines, they are actually reasonably accurate. But for non US airlines it is really a mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.