Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Check in for JL38 (SIN to HND) when check in counter for JL36 opens

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2023, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Hi!

I am flying on Japan Airlines JL38 (SIN to HND) departing at 0150 hours soon. I understand that the check in counter at SIN T1 opens 3 hour before the flight and there is no Early Check in for Japan Airlines.

The info can be found here:
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/inter/airport/sin/info/

Has anyone successfully checked in for JL38 when the check in counter at SIN T1 opens at 1850 hours to 2050 hours for the earlier JL36 flight departing at 2150 hours? THANKS!!
Old Oct 12, 2023, 8:21 pm

Programs: Japan Airlines Global Club JGC, Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Silver
Yes you can. Successfully checked in some weeks ago.
SugoiHikouki likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by starlux_xingyu
yes you can. Successfully checked in some weeks ago.
thanks for the info!!
Old Oct 14, 2023, 2:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
+1 on that, I've never had a problem checking in early if the check in counter is open for another flight. The only place I've found it a hassle was PVG on UA flights. They basically admitted that it's because the luggage room staff can't be trusted enough to have bags sitting around for hours and no cage facilities to keep them safe. Not sure what they do when they had CA to UA connections there with checked through bags, maybe all rifled though, LOL!
Old Oct 14, 2023, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dvs7310
+1 on that, I've never had a problem checking in early if the check in counter is open for another flight. The only place I've found it a hassle was PVG on UA flights. They basically admitted that it's because the luggage room staff can't be trusted enough to have bags sitting around for hours and no cage facilities to keep them safe. Not sure what they do when they had CA to UA connections there with checked through bags, maybe all rifled though, LOL!
Great! THANKS!!
Old Oct 15, 2023, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Title of video in youtube: (FRITS #52) Japan Airlines Economy Class Flight Experience - JL38 Singapore to Tokyo-Haneda

Seems like its possible to check in together with JL36. This youtube video was taken in June 2023. He checked in for JL38 when the check in counter for JL36 was about to close.

"Despite having checked in for this flight online, I was glad that the ground staff at Changi allowed me to check in early, 5 hours before the flight, just when the check-in for the previous flight (JL36) was about to close and when there were only a few staff members left."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.