Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Suite III

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2023, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I slept really well on the way to Honolulu last Friday in my seat. I have never had vibration problems in the first row after door 2 on any 787. Though there is a variance in level of vibration due to engine settings etc. so maybe your pilot was not so considerate?
cyborg likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 3:08 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I'm a bit concerned I'm flying this seat from hnd to ord on 10/6. Any experiences for long haul international? Any recommendations on which seats to select or avoid?
The planes used for the ORD route do not have the Sky Suite III. Those planes are configured with the (Apex) JL Sky Suite.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
The planes used for the ORD route do not have the Sky Suite III. Those planes are configured with the (Apex) JL Sky Suite.
Well I sure hope you are right and JALs website is wrong. Right now JAL10 shows the below on their website.

Click through shows a sky suite III seat map too
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:57 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Well I sure hope you are right and JALs website is wrong. Right now JAL10 shows the below on their website.

They do use SSIII on long-haul. Go by whatever JAL website shows.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald

You are correct.

When I searched for October 6, it indeed shows the JAL Sky Suite III; however, when searching for October 5, 7 and 8, and for dates in November that we are considering for my daughter, it shows the JAL Sky Suite. I have no idea whether it's an error on the website or equipment switch. The fare on 10/6 is lower than on the other days; perhaps it's due to an equipment switch.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 3:23 pm

Man, I just notice my flight was switch from a 777 to the 787(789) not looking forward to this. Hopefully my return flight is not switched either.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Oldjeezysghost
Man, I just notice my flight was switch from a 777 to the 787(789) not looking forward to this. Hopefully my return flight is not switched either.
There are both Skysuite III and Skysuite 787-9, did you check the specific type? Could be same seats as the 77W.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Oldjeezysghost
Both JAL 777s and 787-9 have Apex Suites and Reverse Herringbone so it wouldn't necessarily be a downgrade.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 3:23 pm

Just got done on my long haul 12 hour flight in a sky suite III. I am 6ft and it wasn't fun. My one leg was always bent and cramped throughout. If I was under 5'10" I think it would have been fine but this was a challenge for me.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
These are absolutely the worst lie flat seats out there, the second probably being UA Polaris. I'm 6'5" and a side sleeper. These seats are incredibly narrow. I can pretty much only sleep on one side and be able to bend my knees. The other side is rubbish.

Not sure what JAL was thinking, other than typical Asians being shorter on average and thus thought this was fine?

They unfortunately appear on some longer overnight routes like SIN and DEL, and even LAX-KIX.

I'm avoiding them from now on if I'm planning on getting some sleep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.