Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket Changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2023, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Silver, BA Silver, EY Silver, GHA Platinum
Ticket Changes

Hello, I am flying with JAL from HND>LHR>OSL in biz. Does anyone know if I can change the LHR>OSL segment (BA operated) even if currently i just have a 4h layover? I want to spend some time in London and don’t want to travel all the way immediately. Thank you for your help
Old Aug 24, 2023, 5:04 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by automapic
Hello, I am flying with JAL from HND>LHR>OSL in biz. Does anyone know if I can change the LHR>OSL segment (BA operated) even if currently i just have a 4h layover? I want to spend some time in London and don’t want to travel all the way immediately. Thank you for your help
It really depends on your fare rules. It probably comes with change penalty, stopover surcharge, and fare differences. If HIP kicks in, it can significantly increase the fare difference.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:02 am
duo

Hi, I live in the UK and have booked an internal flight as part of my trip to Japan. I have been charged Tax for my flight - am I able to claim it back? If so does anyone know how?

Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2023, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by duo
Hi, I live in the UK and have booked an internal flight as part of my trip to Japan. I have been charged Tax for my flight - am I able to claim it back? If so does anyone know how?

Thanks
No, you consumed your domestic flight while in Japan, so you have to pay the consumption tax.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 2:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by duo

Thanks
LOL, certainly never heard of that anywhere in the world. But even if it were so, domestic flight taxes here are miniscule. I just looked at my most recent domestic ticket, 710 yen for Domestic Passenger facility charge and 1340 yen for tax. That's ~$13.75 or ~£11.22.

Certainly wish claiming back taxes as a foreigner was a thing, my most recent RTW ticket has a solid $500 in government taxes and airport facility charges.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by dvs7310
LOL, certainly never heard of that anywhere in the world. But even if it were so, domestic flight taxes here are miniscule. I just looked at my most recent domestic ticket, 710 yen for Domestic Passenger facility charge and 1340 yen for tax. That's ~$13.75 or ~£11.22.

Certainly wish claiming back taxes as a foreigner was a thing, my most recent RTW ticket has a solid $500 in government taxes and airport facility charges.
It was a thing. If you connect from/to an international flight within 24 hours, the domestic flight was exempted from consumption tax. But things have changed since then, at least the way how JAL system handles this has.
duo likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 3:19 pm
duo

Originally Posted by JALPak
It was a thing. If you connect from/to an international flight within 24 hours, the domestic flight was exempted from consumption tax. But things have changed since then, at least the way how JAL system handles this has.
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.