Wiki Posts
Search

JAL via Cathay /w 1.5 y/o

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2023, 10:18 am
Original Poster

JAL via Cathay /w 1.5 y/o

Hey everyone,

Looking to book for next year Oct 2024 and want to get all my information correct once the times comes to purchase my award tickets. I'll be traveling with my wife and then to be 1.5 y/o.

I've looked into JAL airlines J class via Cathay Pacific from ORD->HND RT, however, they could not disclose if it's possible to travel with an infant and pay a small fee for their fare. They've stated to contact JAL since it'll be on a JAL flight. Would the child fare be a % from cash value of the seat? I have enough points to book all 3 award tickets, however, it may be cheaper if it's possible to pay the small fee in cash instead of paying 75k + $250 one way for the infant.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old Aug 8, 2023, 3:48 pm
mhy

Programs: JGC
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/rul...20award%20type.

Looks like infant award is 10% the mileage of adult awards
Old Aug 8, 2023, 3:52 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mhy
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/rul...20award%20type.

Looks like infant award is 10% the mileage of adult awards
That only applies to JMB issued award tickets. OP issued the ticket via CX. OP would need to contact JL to price out the infant fare.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 9:07 am

Did you get an answer to this? I too am looking to book jal through Cathay and will need to add an infant. Confused about if I can call jal directly and pay the 10% or if I need to call Cathay and pay 25%. Thank you!
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by FlyingWbaby
Did you get an answer to this? I too am looking to book jal through Cathay and will need to add an infant. Confused about if I can call jal directly and pay the 10% or if I need to call Cathay and pay 25%. Thank you!
The general rule for infant award is you contact the carrier/program that was used to redeem the adult award tickets. In your case, it would Cathay.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by yannix
The general rule for infant award is you contact the carrier/program that was used to redeem the adult award tickets. In your case, it would Cathay.
yes, but I’ve seen a number of dp say Cathay can’t issue a cash ticket for an infant on another airline, but I have not seen anyone with actual first hand experience adding an infant to a jal ticket issued through Cathay. So I am hoping someone who has actually done this can confirm who issued them the infant ticket and what the fees were.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.