Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

International 777-300 ER on domestic HND-FUK

Old Aug 30, 2023, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus

During this winter schedule, starting Oct. 29, JL 305 HND-FUK (7:05 a.m. departure) and JL 308 FUK-HND (10:10 a.m. departure) will be operated using international 777-300 ER. 8 First class seats will be sold as domestic First class, 49 business class seats (JAL Sky Suite) will be sold as Class J, and 40 premium economy and 147 economy seats will be sold as economy.

JAL will introduce the A350-1000 on HND-JFK starting this winter schedule and some were wondering use of freed up 777-300ER. Seems to be this is one of the ways JAL will make use out of freed up 777-300ER.
OWF_NYC_SIN and MeltingAlf like this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 12:13 pm

Programs: Japan Airlines JGC Diamond / Oneworld Emerald
That is a serious upgrade for domestic J and F! I wonder if this means that this is a (temporary) fleet expansion in that case? The fleets seem to be in decent shape and the average age of the 77W are about 16-17 years? The aircraft still have some years left with proper care and maintenance for sure (although I am not sure what JAL will ultimately do once all A35Ks are delivered)
PES_B1 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Two slight disadvantages compared to the regular A350 flights on the Fukuoka route. There will be no WiFi or IFE on the flights.
dvs7310 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Though currently that rotation is a 767, so it does mean 3 more F seats, 7 more Class J, but 20 less for economy class. But a whole lot more comfort for all passengers.

I wonder if like JL200 JL308 will be parked at T3 and passengers will be bussed back to T2.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 6:50 pm

Programs: *G, OWE
Slightly off topic re JL200

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

I wonder if like JL200 JL308 will be parked at T3 and passengers will be bussed back to T2.
I suspect the answer will be in the negative - however may as well ask. If I am on JL200 parking at T3, and have carry-on only, is there any way to disembark into T3 landside if that is where I want to be for an onwards international connection on a separate ANA ticket?
Old Aug 30, 2023, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NZZO
I suspect the answer will be in the negative - however may as well ask. If I am on JL200 parking at T3, and have carry-on only, is there any way to disembark into T3 landside if that is where I want to be for an onwards international connection on a separate ANA ticket?
I suspect not, as there are no domestic arrival facilities in T3. But I have not flown on JL200 yet, so I don't know for sure how it works.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:04 pm

Programs: *G, OWE
Thank you - I am flying the first week of October so will try to remember to report back.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NZZO
Thank you - I am flying the first week of October so will try to remember to report back.
Then I'll fly JL200 before you.
NZZO likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 2:15 am
formerly rt23456p

Two slight disadvantages compared to the regular A350 flights on the Fukuoka route. There will be no WiFi or IFE on the flights.
Why no IFE? Aren't IFE able to run for any flights?
Old Aug 31, 2023, 2:47 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by PES_B1
Licensing?
Old Aug 31, 2023, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PES_B1
I don't know. But so far all international config planes I have been on for domestic flights have had it disabled. Though admittedly it is only the A350 that offers individual IFE so for most of the domestic flight it is same same.

I would imagine that they don't want to pay for the much larger selection loaded on the international IFE system, and don't want to change the content for just a few flights.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 5:15 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I don't know. But so far all international config planes I have been on for domestic flights have had it disabled.
Oh wow, even for the 777-200ERs that they had flying domestically for a few years?

ANA has a number of international 787s flying domestically (with the cradle seats in J), and my recollection is that they offer IFE on those flights.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Oh wow, even for the 777-200ERs that they had flying domestically for a few years?

ANA has a number of international 787s flying domestically (with the cradle seats in J), and my recollection is that they offer IFE on those flights.
I don't know if I have been unfortunate, but I have not had IFE on the ANA international configs flying domestic.

I was never on the 777-200ER, so I can't talk about those. Only planes that rotated in and out of international operations.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Now 777-300ER is appearing on HND-ITM/CTS/OKA on irregular basis. This is due to loss of A350-900 on Jan. 2 accident at HND. JAL said they will order one additional A350-900 but it will take two years to get additional A350-900 the earliest. Looks like 777-300ER on HND-FUK/ITM/CTS/OKA will last for a while. Unexpected situation regarding where 777-300ER are going.
Unimatrix One likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.