Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Spouse on different booking #, can't access OWE seating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spouse on different booking #, can't access OWE seating

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2023, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Question Spouse on different booking #, can't access OWE seating

My husband is on a different booking # on the same flight SFO NRT in business. I know there are seats blocked for one world emerald (OWE) but cannot access them when I view the itinerary using his record, only mine. I spoke with a JAL agent on the phone after a very long hold and she said it is impossible to link the two reservations and therefore he cannot access OWE seats.

Is this correct or should I call again?

Thanks!
Old May 20, 2023, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by goldengate
My husband is on a different booking # on the same flight SFO NRT in business. I know there are seats blocked for one world emerald (OWE) but cannot access them when I view the itinerary using his record, only mine. I spoke with a JAL agent on the phone after a very long hold and she said it is impossible to link the two reservations and therefore he cannot access OWE seats.

Is this correct or should I call again?

Thanks!
That's correct.
goldengate likes this.
Old May 21, 2023, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
As a follow up, AA linked the records and then was able to assign a premium seat... which showed on the AA website but not JAL.... spoke to AA again and they said JAL "blocked" the seat assignment. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.