Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HND-DFW switching to 777 3/26

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 1:44 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Magnum9
I wasn’t aware. All I’ve ever seen at either NRT or HND are 772’s and 787’s, neither of which have Flagship F. When did AA fly 77W’s to NRT & HND?
Over the last few years I've seen AA 77Ws showing on ExpertFlyer on the DFW-HND route, but those might have been placeholder schedules that got canceled as pandemic-related cutbacks occurred. I don't know if the 77W ever actually operated the route.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Over the last few years I've seen AA 77Ws showing on ExpertFlyer on the DFW-HND route, but those might have been placeholder schedules that got canceled as pandemic-related cutbacks occurred. I don't know if the 77W ever actually operated the route.
They were flying to Haneda, but only in summer schedules I believe.
Unimatrix One likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
I'd set up an Expertflyer alert for the seat(s) you have...to see if you get bumped.
Didn’t get bumped, but I did end up in 1K instead of 1A. Get on the plane and put my backpack in my original seat and took out my PJs to go change in the bathroom. Come back to my seat and there is a Japanese guy sitting in my seat and he doesn’t speak English. So I asked the FA and she asked for my boarding pass and checks her iPad. Goes to him and asks for his boarding pass and I was like …dammit.. they kicked me out of my seat. She comes back and apologizes and says the guy is confused..his seat is 1K so I just sat in his seat.

Otherwise.. seat is great. They were serving Yamasaki on the flight and very generous pours.
Old May 10, 2023, 6:19 am

anaggie and britishcanuck Did you receive J service and ammenities while in rows 1 and 2? I grabbed 1D&G for our flight in a few days and am curious what it will be like. We're on an AA J award and booked back in January.
Old May 10, 2023, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by carla568
anaggie and britishcanuck Did you receive J service and ammenities while in rows 1 and 2? I grabbed 1D&G for our flight in a few days and am curious what it will be like. We're on an AA J award and booked back in January.
Same service as J. No additional things.
carla568 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Saw a F award on JL11 for June 2024. Just to be sure, it will be normal F service, right? Hopefully the aircraft sticks and not downgrade to non-F and leave me flightless (like they did during Covid).
Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:23 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
Saw a F award on JL11 for June 2024. Just to be sure, it will be normal F service, right? Hopefully the aircraft sticks and not downgrade to non-F and leave me flightless (like they did during Covid).
Summer 2024 schedule has not been finalized. If JAL finds a better use of the 77W somewhere else, they will deploy the plane to that route. There's no guarantee, all these summer 2024 schedules are just placeholders.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 8:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Looks like JL awards on this route are released shortly after 8pm (Eastern Time). I believe the are releasing all but two seats. SFO-HND is the only other route - so far as I can tell - where JL releases some unsold F seats, although not at T-14.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 5:34 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by JALPak
Summer 2024 schedule has not been finalized. If JAL finds a better use of the 77W somewhere else, they will deploy the plane to that route. There's no guarantee, all these summer 2024 schedules are just placeholders.
Any predictions on when the Summer 2024 schedules will be released?
Old Oct 12, 2023, 2:34 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by dw
Any predictions on when the Summer 2024 schedules will be released?
Feb 2024
dw likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Magnum9
This swap of the 77W from ORD-HND to DFW-HND strikes me as odd. Please correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t recall AA ever flying F to HND/NRT from DFW?

If there’s a premium F market in DFW that’s prompting JAL to pull F from ORD-HND and move it to DFW why didn’t AA ever tap into that market?
How do you know they're pulling 777 from ORD-HND to facilitate 777 on DFW-HND? Does this also mean all of ORD-HND is transitioning to 789?
Old Oct 25, 2023, 9:07 am

Flying today, 10/25, on JL11 in F and the Flagship lounge agent said I did NOT have FF Dining access (she looked at her computer screen). It doesn't open until noon, anyway, so no big deal.

The breakfast spread is limited, but I do appreciate the champagne and bloody mary bar!
Old Oct 25, 2023, 10:10 am

Programs: AA ExP, Globalist
Setting aside that the departure time doesn't allow it in any case, Leff mentioned in a 2021 article that JAL had the requisite partner agreement to allow JAL first class passengers access to FFD at DFW (while noting that there weren't actually any first class seats available).

https://viewfromthewing.com/accessin...rtner-airline/
Old Oct 25, 2023, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by jef787
Setting aside that the departure time doesn't allow it in any case, Leff mentioned in a 2021 article that JAL had the requisite partner agreement to allow JAL first class passengers access to FFD at DFW (while noting that there weren't actually any first class seats available).

https://viewfromthewing.com/accessin...rtner-airline/
as I mentioned, the lounge agent referred to her computer, so I can only assume access is system generated. Since the FFD wasn’t open I didn’t push it by referring to AA’s published FFD access policy.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, Delta Plat
How was the JL11 First experience? Have it booked soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.