Old Feb 18, 2023, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
HND-DFW switching to 777 3/26

From DFW Airport twitter:

We're feelin' lucky, because
@JAL_Official_jp
is bringing more 777 service to DFW!

Next month, JAL will begin using a 777-300 for their daily route from DFW to Tokyo Haneda, allowing for more passengers and cargo space on every flight. Keep an eye out for the 777 starting 3/26!
Changed from a 789 to a 777-300. We are ticketed in J in April and I went and looked at the seat map and was able to pick F seats. Not sure if they'll end up selling F cabin at some point or how this will be handled. I imagine F hard product with J soft product.

LapLap likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:19 am

#11 DFW-HND and #12 HND-DFW are selling first class seats approximately from July-October 2023.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Thanks for this !!

Wow !! I got lucky .. I am actually on the flight on 3/26 and was able to snag 1A. Looking forward to checking out the F seat.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 6:49 am

Programs: AA ExP, Globalist
Originally Posted by flytoeat
#11 DFW-HND and #12 HND-DFW are selling first class seats approximately from July-October 2023.
Looks like they're selling F through end of schedule now (I picked up an AA redemption in January 2024).
Old Mar 16, 2023, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by anaggie
Wow !! I got lucky .. I am actually on the flight on 3/26 and was able to snag 1A. Looking forward to checking out the F seat.
I'd set up an Expertflyer alert for the seat(s) you have...to see if you get bumped.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anaggie
Nice!! We're on HND-DFW a week or so later. Looking forward to it too!
Old Mar 18, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I'm disappointed by this change. I prefer the 787 so was disappointed to see that my flight in August has changed to a 77W.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 12:48 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
I'm disappointed by this change. I prefer the 787 so was disappointed to see that my flight in August has changed to a 77W.
I would rather have F service than flying 787
Old Mar 18, 2023, 3:33 pm

This swap of the 77W from ORD-HND to DFW-HND strikes me as odd. Please correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t recall AA ever flying F to HND/NRT from DFW?

If there’s a premium F market in DFW that’s prompting JAL to pull F from ORD-HND and move it to DFW why didn’t AA ever tap into that market?
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Magnum9
This swap of the 77W from ORD-HND to DFW-HND strikes me as odd. Please correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t recall AA ever flying F to HND/NRT from DFW?

If there’s a premium F market in DFW that’s prompting JAL to pull F from ORD-HND and move it to DFW why didn’t AA ever tap into that market?
AA has flown flagship F between DFW and NRT on a regular basis, and HND on a more spotty basis.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 4:43 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
I would rather have F service than flying 787
Yes, well, I'm not buying 4 F tickets for my family trip, and I don't have the patience or flexibility to look for 4 F award or upgrade seats (if they ever even release that many anymore).
Old Mar 19, 2023, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Yes, well, I'm not buying 4 F tickets for my family trip, and I don't have the patience or flexibility to look for 4 F award or upgrade seats (if they ever even release that many anymore).
They do. And they release like clockwork. I had to pull off the highway when I looked at the clock. Booked from a rest area. 4 F tickets. You just have to know when they’re released. They were all gone within 2-3 minutes (multiple frequencies).
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
AA has flown flagship F between DFW and NRT on a regular basis, and HND on a more spotty basis.
I wasn’t aware. All I’ve ever seen at either NRT or HND are 772’s and 787’s, neither of which have Flagship F. When did AA fly 77W’s to NRT & HND?
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
They do. And they release like clockwork. I had to pull off the highway when I looked at the clock. Booked from a rest area. 4 F tickets. You just have to know when they’re released. They were all gone within 2-3 minutes (multiple frequencies).
Sounds like you know what time they’re released. Can you share the time (any US time zone)?
kq747 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Magnum9
I wasn’t aware. All I’ve ever seen at either NRT or HND are 772’s and 787’s, neither of which have Flagship F. When did AA fly 77W’s to NRT & HND?
The 772's had Flagship First on them. Some old trip reports:

Worst First Class to Asia? Trip Report - American's 777-200 to Tokyo (boardingarea.com)
American Airlines First Class Review: DFW-NRT - Andy's Travel Blog (andystravelblog.com)
Review: American Airlines First Class 777-200 Dallas to Tokyo-NRT – OUT AND OUT (boardingarea.com)

That said, I suspect this has more to do with AA retreating from Chicago rather than specific Premium demand out of DFW.
American’s Shift Toward a Fortress Network – Cranky Flier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.