Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

New status programme (launching in January 2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New status programme (launching in January 2024)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:39 pm

I'm actually kind of curious about the hotel benefits. Is this a continuous status match like United/Marriott or a one time status match?

Now that Western hotels in Japan have gotten so expensive, I may want to try out a Tokyu hotel since it looks like I'll have status. Are room upgrades actually meaningful at the platinum level?
It also looks like the points are worth a straight 1 yen per point and have no minimum redemption requirement. So I can say, stay one night at 20K JPY and then at 7% back, immediately redeem for 1,400 JPY off on my next stay?

Maybe there's also other benefits that aren't explicitly listed? For example, I've stayed at quite a few Hyatt, Marriott and Hilton hotels in Japan where that have a pool or public bath fee which is waived for elites.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by randomasian
I'm actually kind of curious about the hotel benefits. Is this a continuous status match like United/Marriott or a one time status match?

Now that Western hotels in Japan have gotten so expensive, I may want to try out a Tokyu hotel since it looks like I'll have status. Are room upgrades actually meaningful at the platinum level?
It also looks like the points are worth a straight 1 yen per point and have no minimum redemption requirement. So I can say, stay one night at 20K JPY and then at 7% back, immediately redeem for 1,400 JPY off on my next stay?

Maybe there's also other benefits that aren't explicitly listed? For example, I've stayed at quite a few Hyatt, Marriott and Hilton hotels in Japan where that have a pool or public bath fee which is waived for elites.
no, it is just 2000 bonus points at Marriott Bonvoy and 5% off at restaurants and the bar. No status matches for those international hotel chains, but there are some (lower level?) membership level upgrades for domestic japanese chains like hotel nikko, okura, tokyu etc.

you can see the benefits here (in Japanese)
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/ja/jmb/lsp/jgc/four-st/hotel/

Last edited by kyotoben; Mar 31, 2024 at 12:15 am
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:30 am

I think I confused you by mentioning Marriott.

I meant to ask: Is the Tokyu match one time or continuous? And I guess also the Okura match although I don't think I'll be pursuing 4stars.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by randomasian
I think I confused you by mentioning Marriott.

I meant to ask: Is the Tokyu match one time or continuous? And I guess also the Okura match although I don't think I'll be pursuing 4stars.
I guess it would be continuous, but for Tokyu Hotels specifically, as far as I understand is that the Platinum Status is a mid tier status. “Diamond” is the next and “Black” the highest. Platinum does come with room upgrade benefit, however it is by far the lowest in line. Platinum also does not have late checkout option for example. So I don’t think there is any meaningful reason to pursue this.

https://www.tokyuhotels.co.jp/tcm/re...x.html#benefit

https://www.tokyuhotels.co.jp/cerule...ber/index.html
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:16 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
The digital JMB card now shows star grade
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
The digital JMB card now shows star grade
We have to be reminded to get it up to a decent level.... lol
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
We have to be reminded to get it up to a decent level.... lol
Only those with the Japan region only JMB app The global app doesn’t even show your LSP balance. Did they update the global app to show metal status too?

They really should make the stars bigger. Maybe put them right under the JGC logo.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Only those with the Japan region only JMB app The global app doesn’t even show your LSP balance. Did they update the global app to show metal status too?

They really should make the stars bigger. Maybe put them right under the JGC logo.
I have to see on the global app for metal status.....
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:52 am

This here is how it looks on my JAL Mileage Bank App.

The normal JAL app does not show it (yet?).

Old Apr 5, 2024, 8:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Those who live outside of Japan will earn 5 LSP for every 1500 miles accumulated via the following cards
JAL USA CARD
AEON Card JAL
JAL Shinko Card
JAL Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Credit Card
Do you know when this is official? US/English website doesn't appear to be updated.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by izzik
Do you know when this is official? US/English website doesn't appear to be updated.
This is already official. Just go to your LSP activity page and the filter will show these cards

English page will be updated by end of May.
izzik likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 9:35 pm

This looks so much better than the status page of the main JAL app, especially as this one resembles a physical card with a "valid to" date. This looks much more official if presenting to a Oneworld lounge etc.

You've inspired me to download the app!

Originally Posted by kyotoben
This here is how it looks on my JAL Mileage Bank App.

The normal JAL app does not show it (yet?).

Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:19 pm

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Originally Posted by AusFly
This looks so much better than the status page of the main JAL app, especially as this one resembles a physical card with a "valid to" date. This looks much more official if presenting to a Oneworld lounge etc.

You've inspired me to download the app!
I dont think it available for those outside of Japan (yet?)
Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by minizian
Correct, and it’s only available in Japanese.
minizian likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by minizian
Correct, and it’s only available in Japanese.
That's correct in terms of official availability, but with an Android phone it's easy to download the APK (app installation file) from an APK hosting site and install even if outside of Japan.
minizian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.