Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight purchase of Mori Izo Shochu

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The senior cabin attendant came by to deliver my 25th anniversary bottle certificate on the flight. She was fairly impressed to see one, as they are very rare. The bottle will only be delivered later, so inflight just a nice card with ordering and payment details.

There is still the lottery coming for some bottles as well. Though only for delivery to Japan.
How does one enter the lottery please?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
How does one enter the lottery please?
There was/is a link in the December/January inflight shopping catalogue.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/ja/121campaign/2023/moriizo25/
Old Jan 21, 2024, 9:10 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
There was/is a link in the December/January inflight shopping catalogue.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/ja/121campaign/2023/moriizo25/
Oh yeah I saw that in the JAL Shop Magazine on my recent flight. It's only available to JGC Premier and Diamond members and needs a local Japan address for delivery.

I bought a JAL exclusive triple blended Shochu inflight.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Oh yeah I saw that in the JAL Shop Magazine on my recent flight. It's only available to JGC Premier and Diamond members and needs a local Japan address for delivery.

I bought a JAL exclusive triple blended Shochu inflight.
No status requirement. Just a requirement to have a JMB account with an address in Japan, having the bottle shipped to Japan, and have flown a JAL operated and coded international flight within 01.04.2023 to 31.03.2024.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:09 am

No status requirement. Just a requirement to have a JMB account with an address in Japan, having the bottle shipped to Japan, and have flown a JAL operated and coded international flight within 01.04.2023 to 31.03.2024.
Oh, maybe I read wrongly.

Cool, will request inflight on my flight next month and use my friend's address. I'll be in Sapporo for the Winter Festival Feb 8-10, Tokyo Feb 11. flight back to SIN on Feb 12 via HND.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Oh, maybe I read wrongly.

Cool, will request inflight on my flight next month and use my friend's address. I'll be in Sapporo for the Winter Festival Feb 8-10, Tokyo Feb 11. flight back to SIN on Feb 12 via HND.
It does not need to be inflight, but you do need a JMB account with a Japanese address.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:35 am

It does not need to be inflight, but you do need a JMB account with a Japanese address.
Ah I see, let me check with my friend.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The bottle from inflight purchase was delivered. Now comes the question is it a keep sake, or for consumption.....

No actually hint about delivery date in advance, just Kuroneko knocking at the door one day.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:50 am

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
The bottle from inflight purchase was delivered. Now comes the question is it a keep sake, or for consumption.....
If I were you, I would try to source for another bottle with one for consumption and another one for keep sake.

Anyway, I checked tru latest in-flight sales catalog there a mini teaser the regular mori izo would be back from April onwards.
I reluctant to open up mine as it is so hard to come by since I dont fly business class often, instead i got myself Tsurosora to get the sochu fix
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Of course they're bringing it back in April when I'm flying late February...aaarrrrggghh
Old Jan 28, 2024, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum Elite. Have MR, UR, TYP, C1R, and Bilt R points.
Should have read the posts here before my flight. Asked the CA in FC if I could buy the Gokujo Mori Izo in December. Was politely denied due to not having JAL status. I didn't get to try it because I drank a lot of Salon, Juyondai, etc.

I have a BC flight in May, and am interested in buying the regular one. Would you guys share the main differences in taste between the Gokujo and the regular one? And is it possible to buy two bottles? Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Foodiedoc
Should have read the posts here before my flight. Asked the CA in FC if I could buy the Gokujo Mori Izo in December. Was politely denied due to not having JAL status. I didn't get to try it because I drank a lot of Salon, Juyondai, etc.

I have a BC flight in May, and am interested in buying the regular one. Would you guys share the main differences in taste between the Gokujo and the regular one? And is it possible to buy two bottles? Thanks.
The announcement above does not write anything about limitations, though I'd expect it to be limited to 1 per passenger. Especially considering that they are including all the Asian mid haul routes this time. But usually towards the end of the flight, if not sold out, they do flex on those limitations.
Foodiedoc likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 2:13 pm

How's the shochu for a non-status person travelling in economy? I'm assuming the Taipei to Tokyo route doesn't class as long-range.

Seems to be Tenku No Akatsuru on my flight if the online inflight magazine is correct. I like to drink my shochu mixed with hot water, so sweet potato hits the spot.

Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:01 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
PY passengers on 777 and A350 flights can purchase this as well for a limited time https://press.jal.co.jp/ja/release/202403/008001.html
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
How's the shochu for a non-status person travelling in economy? I'm assuming the Taipei to Tokyo route doesn't class as long-range.

Seems to be Tenku No Akatsuru on my flight if the online inflight magazine is correct. I like to drink my shochu mixed with hot water, so sweet potato hits the spot.

This is very nice, had it on the rocks.
adrianlondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.