Wiki Posts
Search

Osaka Itami Sakura Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2024, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have been to the ANA lounge, and that is pretty old, bland, and has a "get me out of here" vibe.
I must have low standards for lounges. I find the ANA lounge at ITM to be perfectly acceptable for a domestic lounge. What I mainly want in a lounge is a quiet, relatively uncrowded place with comfortable seats and a decent drink selection. The ANA lounge ticks those boxes. On my last visit there I relaxed in a comfy seat with a glass of shochu and admired the tarmac views.

Edited to add: on my last few visits to the Sakura lounge, I despaired at the crowds, uncomfortable seats, and lack of alcohol other than beer (the one kind of alcohol I don't like).
Old Apr 7, 2024, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I will try both Diamond premier and Sakura lounge at Otami then and report back
Probably aim to arrive at otami at 90mins priror to flight ( 1305) with a taxi from Conrad oskaka. Wil have a case to check in but will use the First class check in as OWE
Have not been to Itami before

Have been to the Diamond premier lounge at T1 HND prior to flying to Hiroshima and the snacks there were fine. Will have had a full breakfast at the Conrad osaka so will just be looking for something light to tide me overt to get to Huis Ten Bosch after landing at Nagasaki

Regards

TBS
EDDLEGLL likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 7, 2024 at 7:40 am
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:31 am

Programs: BA GGL
Tried the Diamond Premier lounge at ITM for the first time last week. The private entrance (once you find it (hint, pass the normal-looking check in counters and go upstairs)) was amazing, security a breeze and the lounge itself a very nice space with great views. F&B however extremely limited as mentioned before. Have lunch/dinner in the city!
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
I must have low standards for lounges. I find the ANA lounge at ITM to be perfectly acceptable for a domestic lounge. What I mainly want in a lounge is a quiet, relatively uncrowded place with comfortable seats and a decent drink selection. The ANA lounge ticks those boxes. On my last visit there I relaxed in a comfy seat with a glass of shochu and admired the tarmac views.

Edited to add: on my last few visits to the Sakura lounge, I despaired at the crowds, uncomfortable seats, and lack of alcohol other than beer (the one kind of alcohol I don't like).
Neither JAL nor ANA are particularly great when it comes to lounges, and the domestic lounges of either airline is nothing to plan to visit. If you come at peak hours they are going to be packed, as there between the Superflyer's Card and JAL Global Club are just way too many elites on the flights.

I have only been to the ANA lounge in Itami for 6 to 7pm departures, and it was heaving. No chance whatsoever ever to find a quiet spot. Though in all fairness the same can be said for the JAL Diamond Premier Lounge in Naha for the Sunday evening departures. I have not been to the domestic Sakura Lounges in Haneda or Itami, and the ANA counter part may well be significantly better, it is just a sad state of affairs is all I am saying.

I don't really expect too much domestic lounges in Japan. A place to sit, a cup of coffee and maybe a snack of kinds. If they have a drink of kinds, that is not frowned upon.
Unimatrix One likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:44 am

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
I do feel like they've gotten a little better with the food options. I noticed in both CTS and FUK there were more local foods there, and even the local instant miso soup packages were a nice addition. But agree, there a nice to have and a place to crash, but not something I would get to the airport an hour earlier for to experience.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.