Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Almost all U.S. services to resume in March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

JL will resume operation of most of the U.S routes at reduced frequencies. The only exception seems to be KIX-LAX which will remain suspended.

Source: https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2021/inter/210301_02/
Old Dec 17, 2020, 11:56 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This may seem an odd question but does anyone know how much Japan Post mail gets carried on JAL's flights? The suspension of SAL and EMS to the US for the majority of this year has been troublesome and I've been hoping as flights resume we'll get EMS back as there are more flights to transport cargo.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 1:11 am

I originally was flying out of YVR on Saturday in April, but looks like flight is canceled on Saturdays. What do you think the odds are they would let me switch to fly out of Seattle (on a Sunday) instead?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 1:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I originally was flying out of YVR on Saturday in April, but looks like flight is canceled on Saturdays. What do you think the odds are they would let me switch to fly out of Seattle (on a Sunday) instead?
Can you enter Canada to go to YVR for an international flight?
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can you enter Canada to go to YVR for an international flight?
Not sure. Right now you can't enter Canada from America, but maybe transit is okay? Flight isn't until April so hopeful it will open up. If not, it sounds like I can completely cancel the flight because of the date change required by the airline (plus COVID).

I talked to someone at the airline, they said absolutely no change of departure city. Either cancel or change the date.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Looks like the service between SEA and NRT is a 767-300. No lay-flat, no SkySuite.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 3:17 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Looks like the service between SEA and NRT is a 767-300. No lay-flat, no SkySuite.
763 has lie flat sky suite II
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by JALPak
763 has lie flat sky suite II
Ah, I stand corrected. Thank you.

That looks OK, although I'd probably prefer the 787. I hope as the pandemic fades and demand increases, we see that aircraft back on this route - it's a nice way to cross the Pacific.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Not sure. Right now you can't enter Canada from America, but maybe transit is okay? Flight isn't until April so hopeful it will open up. If not, it sounds like I can completely cancel the flight because of the date change required by the airline (plus COVID).

I talked to someone at the airline, they said absolutely no change of departure city. Either cancel or change the date.
Is this a single ticket, like SEA-YVR-TYO with the first segment on AS? If you're on AC or similar on a separate ticket for SEA-YVR they are likely to block you based on the entry rules in TIMATIC, and there's no guarantee you can reason with them that you have another ticket leaving YVR as it's a separate ticket on another airline. As far as they're concerned you have a ticket where the destination is a country you cannot enter.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:59 am

Any reason why JAL is restarting LAX to KIX, but not KIX to LAX?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 5:40 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ma930407
Any reason why JAL is restarting LAX to KIX, but not KIX to LAX?
you can’t take domestic connection from TYO to OSA because of quarantine requirements but you can connect from OSA-TYO to TYO-LAX
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:56 am

April link is up

April link is up
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2021/inter/210401_02/
Old Jan 1, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
This may seem an odd question but does anyone know how much Japan Post mail gets carried on JAL's flights? The suspension of SAL and EMS to the US for the majority of this year has been troublesome and I've been hoping as flights resume we'll get EMS back as there are more flights to transport cargo.
I believe all commercial flights carry mail to some extent, so JL and others increasing capacity to Japan should ideally unlock EMS services sometime in spring 2021.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
May is also up: https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2021/inter/210501_02/

Link to associated press release: https://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/202102/005955.html

I had doubts on resumption of SEA and SAN, but seeing it included in further schedule announcements with no amendments being made to the March schedule means they'll likely fly. Also hope this means EMS will resume in a few months.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Are they planning to let vaccinated travellers back in?
And are the Russians going to open the country? ( and e-visa?)

JAL must know something we don't

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.