Wiki Posts
Search

Access to OneWorld Lounges at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold
Access to OneWorld Lounges at SFO

I've read different things about whether JL Business Class flyers (with no status) have access to the BA and CX lounges at SFO.

Any recent experiences?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
You have access, as per OW rules. The terminal/gate location of lounge versus your flight, might be an issue though. Time yourself wisely.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SFO
Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge
(SFO) San Francisco International Airport International Terminal

Access
  • Business Class
  • First Class
  • Sapphire Tier
  • Emerald Tier

Airlines
  • Japan Airlines
  • Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
Without status eligibility JL lounge may be all that is available to you
Old Dec 8, 2019, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SFO

Without status eligibility JL lounge may be all that is available to you
Those are the entry requirements for the JL lounge, not the access list for JL pax. Th e last bullet point that passengers travelling on an eligible OW flight has access as well also exist for the BA and CX lounges, so as long as the lounges are open when JL departs all is fine.

The CX lounge is just down the corridor from JL, not sure where the BA lounge.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold
I've read that the BA lounge is also requiring status in addition to eligible ticket class. Has anyone been in their new lounge at SFO?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Asquared1
I've read that the BA lounge is also requiring status in addition to eligible ticket class. Has anyone been in their new lounge at SFO?
BA are often quite protective of their lounges in crush hour. But nothing in the written rules.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:54 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I found the CX lounge to be much better than the JL lounge. CX is light and airy, and few people using it at the time before the JL flight. JL lounge on the other hand seemed very crowded, and a little dated. Food/drink selection also was not very impressive to make it worth staying there versus the CX lounge.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: JGC Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TA
I found the CX lounge to be much better than the JL lounge. CX is light and airy, and few people using it at the time before the JL flight. JL lounge on the other hand seemed very crowded, and a little dated. Food/drink selection also was not very impressive to make it worth staying there versus the CX lounge.
I second that. I always head to the CX lounge instead of the Sakura lounge at SFO. Unfortunately the Sakura lounge leaves a lot to be desired and is in dire need of an expansion and refresh.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
BA are often quite protective of their lounges in crush hour. But nothing in the written rules.
I'll second this. Couldn't get in there as a OWE in AY J a few months ago during the evening BA busy time period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.