Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

BA Website shows Premium Economy Spots, any way to book using AA?

Old Dec 10, 19, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

AA rep told me that I can't redeem Premium Economy on non-AA flights. British Airways shows award availability for premium economy. I know this is a long shot but anyone have any ideas how I could manage to nab these seats? I also have UR and MR points to push around.
Old Dec 10, 19, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by arduouspaths View Post
AA rep told me that I can't redeem Premium Economy on non-AA flights. British Airways shows award availability for premium economy. I know this is a long shot but anyone have any ideas how I could manage to nab these seats? I also have UR and MR points to push around.
I assume you are talking about Pre-Eco awards on JAL. It isn't clear in your question.
Book using BA/IB Avios or JAL JMB miles then.
Both UR and MR transfer to BA/IB Avios

https://www.creditdonkey.com/members...-partners.html

https://thetravelsisters.com/chase-u...sfer-partners/
Old Dec 10, 19, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently AA ffp does not offer PE awards on JL
OW Premium Economy redemptions with award charts

Just because BAEC shows a PE award seat is available does not mean it is available to other ffp's

What other ffp's are you a member of?

Credit card transfer links
Old Dec 11, 19, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
Currently AA ffp does not offer PE awards on JL
What other ffp's are you a member of?
I have a free account with pretty much any I can get. British Airways, Asia Miles, etc.

Thanks for the AA link, that was very good info!

Last edited by arduouspaths; Dec 11, 19 at 8:02 am
Old Dec 11, 19, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
I assume you are talking about Pre-Eco awards on JAL. It isn't clear in your question.
Book using BA/IB Avios or JAL JMB miles then.
Both UR and MR transfer to BA/IB Avios

https://www.creditdonkey.com/members...-partners.html

https://thetravelsisters.com/chase-u...sfer-partners/
Yep, Premium Economy on JAL. Sorry, I'm relatively new at this: I specified Pre-Eco but I have to specify JAL, even in the JAL sub-forum?

If UR/MR to Avios is the only choice I might be better off redeeming 1.5x through chase portal considering it takes 72250 + $ 117.90 per person x_x
Old Dec 11, 19, 10:20 am

Programs: BonVoy Au, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Yep, Premium Economy on JAL. Sorry, I'm relatively new at this: I specified Pre-Eco but I have to specify JAL, even in the JAL sub-forum?
It helps, because without knowing the target you wish to redeem on, the request could be for using JMB miles to redeem for PY on another airline.

Generally, questions about how to do award redemptions & availability should be on that program's forum (AA for using AA miles, BA for using Avios, and so on) since those know the ins and outs of their programs, even if the award is for another carrier.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 11, 19, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
It helps, because without knowing the target you wish to redeem on, the request could be for using JMB miles to redeem for PY on another airline.

Generally, questions about how to do award redemptions & availability should be on that program's forum (AA for using AA miles, BA for using Avios, and so on) since those know the ins and outs of their programs, even if the award is for another carrier.
thank you for taking the time to explain!
rustykettel likes this.
Old Dec 12, 19, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
I have a free account with pretty much any I can get. British Airways, Asia Miles, etc.
Thanks for the AA link, that was very good info!
Then book using BA Avios!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: