Wiki Posts
Search

Re-Scheduling 1 Leg of a Multicity

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Diamond
Re-Scheduling 1 Leg of a Multicity

Hey guys, I kind of already know that I'm screwed, but was hoping to hear some opinions from more experienced people. I have a paid RT ticket in J (non-refundable) from YVR - MNL. I am currently in Manila, and will be heading to Japan on the 29th, where I will have a 1 week stopover before continuing back to YVR. I had some business in HK, and had booked a separate ticket on CX from MNL to HK. Obviously the situation in HK is awful (even worse than when I was there a week ago), which has lead to my meeting getting cancelled. I am now stuck in MNL with nothing to do. I wanted to know what the best way to move my flight from MNL to NRT to a closer date.

I know that the change date fee from MNL to NRT is $50 USD, but something tells me that my situation is going to be much pricier. Is it possible to only change the first leg (and pay the fee) without touching the second leg? Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
If your ticket allows changes for a fee, that is usually OK to just change one leg.

1. If your original fare conditions had a fee for a stopover in Tokyo you will have to pay that. And of course if your ticket did not allow a stop over you can't do anything.
2. It is not just the change fee. If the booking class you originally booked is no longer available, you will need to pay the fare difference up to the booking class that is available.

Rather than pondering, call JAL and ask what it will cost. And if it is even possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.