Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Non-standard meal service on intl flights departing Sep 10, 2019 - Typhoon Faxai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-standard meal service on intl flights departing Sep 10, 2019 - Typhoon Faxai

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hyatt DIA...when I fly domestic I always fly CO or UA! yay
Originally Posted by kentauta
It probably was impossible to take care of it when the catering facility suffered power outage. Electric power might have been restored before your flight (not sure) but I would imagine lots of food (before and after prep) just perished, and there was just not enough time to restock food and to process them. JL posted some more details in Japanese than they did in English, so that's probably why you think that way.

I was hoping that JL could secure meal supply from other sources, but it probably didn't happen (hard to believe other facilities have that much slack in capacity to be fair).
Ah perhaps it was lost in translation. All they were saying in English was, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Its not like I was jumping up and down the plane screaming for a decent deal either. As I said, crew was wonderful.

Last edited by jamsoh; Sep 12, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Old Oct 13, 2019, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Just to conclude:
I received generous compensation in JL coupons last week. On the surface, the meal issue was entirely treated as IFE failure from form submission to comp delivery. The letter accompanying the comp was just apologizing IFE failure with no mention of the actual problem they issued the compensation for. Though I do appreciate the generous compensation, this kind of robotic communication left a bit of a bitter taste.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.