Schedule Change means connection just outside MCT?

Old Jul 30, 19, 4:58 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Posts: 2,291
Schedule Change means connection just outside MCT?

I am booked in January on HEL-NRT-MEL (in business booked as a Qantas award).

Originally the connection was 60 mins, which I believe is the MCT?

I received notification from QF of a change, but a you do not need to do anything type message. All that has changed is the arrival time of JL414 HEL-NRT is 5 mins later. But that makes my connection 55 mins.

Am I correct in thinking this breaches the MCT? I don't seem to be able to find this combination of flights for sale on JAL.com now.
wheresmybagba is offline  
Old Jul 30, 19, 6:26 pm
  #2  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 9,582
I think that MCT is 45 minutes when not changing terminal,, but I could be wrong.

If QF is not doing anything, I would just lean back and wait. In practical terms they don't need much more than 10 to 15 minutes to get you from plane to plane.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Jul 30, 19, 7:12 pm
  #3  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,048
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I think that MCT is 45 minutes when not changing terminal,, but I could be wrong.

If QF is not doing anything, I would just lean back and wait. In practical terms they don't need much more than 10 to 15 minutes to get you from plane to plane.
not to mention winter schedule has yet to be finalized.
JALPak is offline  
Old Jul 30, 19, 8:13 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Posts: 2,548
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba View Post
I am booked in January on HEL-NRT-MEL (in business booked as a Qantas award).

Originally the connection was 60 mins, which I believe is the MCT?

I received notification from QF of a change, but a you do not need to do anything type message. All that has changed is the arrival time of JL414 HEL-NRT is 5 mins later. But that makes my connection 55 mins.

Am I correct in thinking this breaches the MCT? I don't seem to be able to find this combination of flights for sale on JAL.com now.
looks like you are well short of the MCT.
please research on alternative flights or call JAL to ask for help with short connection at Narita (someone will have your name in a card at the arrival gate, and escort you through transit security and all the way to the departure gate.
see this post for MCT
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28908041-post10.html
Tokyoite is offline  
Old Jul 30, 19, 9:45 pm
  #5  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 9,582
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post

looks like you are well short of the MCT.
please research on alternative flights or call JAL to ask for help with short connection at Narita (someone will have your name in a card at the arrival gate, and escort you through transit security and all the way to the departure gate.
see this post for MCT
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28908041-post10.html
That puts MCT at 60 minutes, so I did remember wrongly. I wonder if it was T1 times I was thinking of.

If the airlines don't ask for a rebooking, I would really hold my breath, they sold it as a legal connection at 60 minutes.

All assuming the point that the two flights are on the same ticket.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Jul 31, 19, 1:16 am
  #6  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,048
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
That puts MCT at 60 minutes, so I did remember wrongly. I wonder if it was T1 times I was thinking of.

If the airlines don't ask for a rebooking, I would really hold my breath, they sold it as a legal connection at 60 minutes.

All assuming the point that the two flights are on the same ticket.
There are exceptions listed. JL can add HEL-NRT-MEL to the list and lower that to .55 if they want.
JALPak is offline  
Old Sep 23, 19, 5:35 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Posts: 2,291
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
There are exceptions listed. JL can add HEL-NRT-MEL to the list and lower that to .55 if they want.
They could've, but they didn't...and subsequently they also retimed NRT-MEL to depart 10 mins earlier, hence the original connection has gone from 60m to 45m.

I eventually got QF to reticket me with a 25 hr stopover at NRT which I am happy to do.
wheresmybagba is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread