• HND-FUK from Sep 1 2019
  • HND-CTS from Oct 27 2019
  • HND-OKA from Feb 1 2020
Print Wikipost

A350 seat map

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Is there any other airline that has first-class on the a350? MH does, don't know if they would be considered a top carrier though. 4 abreast just seems too narrow?
No narrower really than an A330/777 - both of those have ample 4 abreast F cabins with vaious carriers.

TG's A350 has the alternating 1-2-1 staggered arrangement (effectively giving almost 8 abreast) in business class. Perfectly wide enough for a fulll 1-2-1 F congiguration.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
No narrower really than an A330/777 - both of those have ample 4 abreast F cabins with vaious carriers.

TG's A350 has the alternating 1-2-1 staggered arrangement (effectively giving almost 8 abreast) in business class. Perfectly wide enough for a fulll 1-2-1 F congiguration.
Got a listing of 17 feet vs 19 feet 3 inches (a330 vs 777). Couldn't easily find the measurement for a350, but thought it was less than 777.
(seems a350 is about a foot more narrow)
https://simpleflying.com/777x-vs-a350/
Old May 7, 2019, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
i found a cabin width stated at 18.5 feet for the a350. But not sure how much of that is ‘usable’ for the current range of F suites out there? It just seems for wider planes they have much wide armrest/shelf thingies under the window to fill in the gaps.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

The A350 is somewhere between the A330 and the 777 when it comes to cabin width.

Lufthansa has a perfectly adequate F cabin on the A340-600, and so did Thai back in the day. F is not where I think that the cabin width is a problem. Keeping the seat count with the Apex Suite in J is going to be the issue, and my expectation is that we will get another seat. And that F will be reduced in seat count to keep the seat count the same as the 77W.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: JL JML, Delta Plat, CA Plat, CZ Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton DM
I’m always wondering why JL/NH are using huge planes for domestic routes... I used to fly HND-OKA a lot on JL and expect the Class J the Y seats are always more than half empty
Old May 8, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: JMB, AMC
Originally Posted by qxk970517
I’m always wondering why JL/NH are using huge planes for domestic routes... I used to fly HND-OKA a lot on JL and expect the Class J the Y seats are always more than half empty
It's always been a thing as far back as I remember.
Those 747SRs flying the major routes were a sight to see when you step onto a full 500 seat domestic flight.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by qxk970517
I guess it depends on time of day and route, I mostly experience the domestic flights to be packed. Even on 777-300s.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:27 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
JAL will reveal the revamped domestic seats soon. The first A350 delivery is scheduled for 8am UTC on June 13
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:38 pm

Booked a HND-FUK flight in October on the A350.
Anyone know g​​​​​​enerally how full are the flights on the existing 767/777s on this route? Was looking to try first class.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Jinxed_K
Booked a HND-FUK flight in October on the A350.
Anyone know g​​​​​​enerally how full are the flights on the existing 767/777s on this route? Was looking to try first class.
Are you looking to do day of the flight upgrade? Why not purchase F now?

What is the date? Do you have OneWorld status? During weekdays HND-FUK can have good number of business traffic, where if you do not have OneWorld status then there is good chance there will be OneWorld elites ahead of you on the list. During weekends there should be less OneWorld elites.

One example, when I flew HND-FUK 777 flight on Yokoso fare few years ago on weekday, no F on Yokoso fare. I asked for F availability at the check-in, F was full, no availability, did standby. At the gate one F seat became available, I was OneWorld Emerald at that moment and I was #1 on the list, I got one F seat which became available at last minute.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Are you looking to do day of the flight upgrade? Why not purchase F now?

What is the date? Do you have OneWorld status? During weekdays HND-FUK can have good number of business traffic, where if you do not have OneWorld status then there is good chance there will be OneWorld elites ahead of you on the list. During weekends there should be less OneWorld elites.

One example, when I flew HND-FUK 777 flight on Yokoso fare few years ago on weekday, no F on Yokoso fare. I asked for F availability at the check-in, F was full, no availability, did standby. At the gate one F seat became available, I was OneWorld Emerald at that moment and I was #1 on the list, I got one F seat which became available at last minute.
I'm flying on a Japan Explorer pass fare, so has to be day of flight.
No status, and it's the noon flight on Wednesday Oct 23rd, so sounds like I'll have to be lucky to find an open F seat from the sounds of it. Hopefully Class J if no F, but no big deal if I can't get the upgrade.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
JAL will reveal the revamped domestic seats soon. The first A350 delivery is scheduled for 8am UTC on June 13
At Airbus TLS delivery centre at the moment, schedule running a bit behind – everybody is boarding now, delivery flight due to take wing at 1230 local (1130UTC). Photo didn't quite capture the blue skies we're enjoying, perfect for a ferry flight!

JALPak, Tokyoite and mhy like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:41 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
According to aviation wire, new cabins will be unveiled by JAL on June 20

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/175443

JALによると、機内の詳細は20日にお披露目するという。
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:54 am

I noticed while booking HIJ-HND flights they have 767s flying the route rather than the 73H's all day starting Sept 1.
Looking at the HND-FUK schedule, they're replacing 3 767s (9AM, 3PM, and 9PM) with the A359, so are those planes are being reallocated to the HIJ route?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 767 used to Fukuoka have F seats, they don't seem to be planning to sell F to Hiroshima, so it is probably not the planes from the Fukuoka route that is being deployed to Hiroshima.

A huge jump in capacity on Hiroshima though. ..

​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.