Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to launch a new route to N. American West Coast in FY2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL to launch a new route to N. American West Coast in FY2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
IMHO the JL/AS partnership is quite interesting. The US legacy carriers used to have very competitive products on TPAC, but they don't even come close to NH or JL now. The real issue is how effectively JL and AS can market the alliance and how seamlessly they can integrate things like booking, seat selection, FF benefits, etc. If you're flying J, the JL Apex suites are hands down winners even if DL eventually upgrades their SEA<>NRT route to the A350.

If VN and TG were smart, they'd be talking to AS also.

Last edited by 5khours; Apr 1, 2018 at 3:06 am
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Have you passed by HND Terminal 2? Construction for new international facility at Terminal 2 has started and in full swing. Does not need a press release to know what is going on. 😉
No, I have not. Last time I flew ANA domestic was in 2012. So I have had no reason to pass by terminal 2.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Then switching a year later to HND. Is that in conjunction with ANA moving some international flights to HND T2? Wonder which 787 config SEA will get.
A SEA-HND flight is a dream come true!

Haneda > Narita
aikinai and muji like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I doubt either JL or NH start a HND-SEA flight -- that's DL's realm if anything. JL would probably rather begin ORD, LAX or even HNL before first, while NH would likely begin HND-IAH or IAD before SEA.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Hoping it is SEA. And that, if it is SEA, that it is serviced by one of the 787s that doesn't have the Shell "Flat" Neo seats in J. Had those last month on NRT-SAN and was not at all impressed, especially compared to KE's sky suites on their ICN-SEA route.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by RaginPlainsman
Hoping it is SEA. And that, if it is SEA, that it is serviced by one of the 787s that doesn't have the Shell "Flat" Neo seats in J. Had those last month on NRT-SAN and was not at all impressed, especially compared to KE's sky suites on their ICN-SEA route.
One would hope that when selecting a new route, they go for somewhere with enough premium yield to get one of the Skysuite planes on the route, rather than the old hardware that goes to less premium heavy destinations at the moment. If not, is it really the right choice for a new destination.

But as SEA is pretty short, maybe not SS8 or SS9.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I guess there's no hope in dreaming of a TYO-YYZ flight.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I guess there's no hope in dreaming of a TYO-YYZ flight.
That is not exactly West Coast ...
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:05 am

I just hope JL arrival time at SEA isnt around noon...
SEA is a madhouse at noon with tons of international flights all arriving at that time for some reason.
The immigration line stretched almost all the way to the plane exit!
It would take at least 2 hours to clear it.

Global entry is a life saver.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:32 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
It’s confirmed NRT-SEA has been announced!

JAL???=???????? | ??????? | JAL?????
aikinai and 5khours like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.