Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Advice - Flight on JAL J class booked on AA codeshare - stopover, lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

We booked business class for our family of 4. ORD-NRT-HAN and HAN-NRT-ORD. For the HAN-NRT they didn't have business or premium economy so we were put in economy. Reviewing the departure times - this flight leaves at midnight - will we be able to get lounge access? When i spoke to JAL they said the ticket would say economy even though it is a business fare (so they can see that) plus the fact that all other 3 segments are business. Any advice?

Also- the fare basis code states that a stopover is allowed for $100 each. We wanted to stay in NRT a few days but we were told by AA that it would basically double the fare. I thought about just dumping the NRT-HAN ticket but the flights (in economy even) from NRT-HAN are really expensive - connecting is that much cheaper and makes it a 10 hour ordeal or so. I would really appreciate any insights on what to do here also. thank you!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:51 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by laurava
We booked business class for our family of 4. ORD-NRT-HAN and HAN-NRT-ORD. For the HAN-NRT they didn't have business or premium economy so we were put in economy. Reviewing the departure times - this flight leaves at midnight - will we be able to get lounge access? When i spoke to JAL they said the ticket would say economy even though it is a business fare (so they can see that) plus the fact that all other 3 segments are business. Any advice?

Also- the fare basis code states that a stopover is allowed for $100 each. We wanted to stay in NRT a few days but we were told by AA that it would basically double the fare. I thought about just dumping the NRT-HAN ticket but the flights (in economy even) from NRT-HAN are really expensive - connecting is that much cheaper and makes it a 10 hour ordeal or so. I would really appreciate any insights on what to do here also. thank you!
AA coded ticket will follow AA rules, including lounge access, fare change, and no-show handling. You should check with the AA forum.

Per oneworld rules, lounge access is based on long-haul segment when you are connecting between long-haul and short-haul/domestic. But unfortunately long-haul is defined as flight longer than 5 hours and NRT-HAN is longer than 5 hours so oneworld rules won't apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.