Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

No Premium Lane Outbound Security for J class at HND [originally thought to be NRT]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Premium Lane Outbound Security for J class at HND [originally thought to be NRT]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP

Wow. Just found out. What are these guys thinking?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 5khours
Wow. Just found out. What are these guys thinking?
The south side security is for F and some membership levels. The north security is general oneworld fast track including J.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The south side security is for F and some membership levels. The north security is general oneworld fast track including J.
who goes to the south side flying JL!?! North heads straight to the Lounge!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:51 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
who goes to the south side flying JL!?! North heads straight to the Lounge!
Those who don't have access to the JAL priority lane but have access to the oneworld one and don't want to use the regular line for whatever reasons.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Still doesn't answer the question why JAL doesn't provide FT outbound security to J pax. Unbelievable.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:41 am

Still doesn't answer the question why JAL doesn't provide FT outbound security to J pax. Unbelievable.
I don't know why you are surprised. Even at HND, the priority line is only for F passengers and JMB elites when flying JAL.

I like the line as is. There's hardly any wait for me every time I visited. If all Business Class passengers get access to this line, then this line will be "awful", "overcrowded", and "noisy", the same words you used to describe the F lounge. What's the point of having a priority line if it's just as long as or longer than the regular ones just like those at LAX TBIT?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:55 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Am I missing something here? As CPH-Flyer mentioned, NRT provides fast track to all departing business class passengers via the North security area.

Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Am I missing something here? As CPH-Flyer mentioned, NRT provides fast track to all departing business class passengers via the North security area.

Believe he wants to use the one exclusive for JAL
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:22 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
If he flew jal then hed get priority

if he doesnt then hes complaining at the wrong forum

lol
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
They do. Through the OneWorld fast track facility. Very simple.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

They do. Through the OneWorld fast track facility. Very simple.
Not what I was told by JAL. If you're flying JAl in business class and don't have status on JMB or other OneWorld carrier then no fast track.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not what I was told by JAL. If you're flying JAl in business class and don't have status on JMB or other OneWorld carrier then no fast track.
That is an unfortunate piece of misinformation by the staff member. It is true for the fast track facility close to the JAL check in counters. But not true on a global Narita terminal 2 scale.

Not good. But I wonder if they were only referring the specific JAL fast track.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:41 am
Original Poster

That is an unfortunate piece of misinformation by the staff member. It is true for the fast track facility close to the JAL check in counters. But not true on a global Narita terminal 2 scale.

Not good. But I wonder if they were only referring the specific JAL fast track.
I'm pretty sure it's correct. I talked to at least 6 different JAL staff members. I had them walk me to both security entrances. And....I'm pretty familiar with the JAL fast track.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm pretty sure it's correct. I talked to at least 6 different JAL staff members. I had them walk me to both security entrances. And....I'm pretty familiar with the JAL fast track.
I can't rule out a fairly recent change of course. And I probably will not have more flights out of Narita this year, so I can't go and have a look any time soon.

It is certainly not how it used to be.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:08 am
Original Poster

I can't rule out a fairly recent change of course. And I probably will not have more flights out of Narita this year, so I can't go and have a look any time soon.

It is certainly not how it used to be.
Don't know if it's recent or not, but it's definitely how it is now (and I double checked the JAL website.)
  • Emerald/Diamond/Etc can use the One World Fast Track or JAL Fast Track
  • JAL F Class can also use the JAL Fast Track
  • If you're just flying business with no status, you are SOL and in the normal security line.

Which, as I said, I find very surprising.

Last edited by 5khours; Oct 17, 2017 at 5:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.