Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page > No Premium Lane Outbound Security for J class at HND [originally thought to be NRT]

No Premium Lane Outbound Security for J class at HND [originally thought to be NRT]

Reply

Old Oct 15, 17, 6:49 pm
  #1
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: UA 1K; DL GM 2MM
Posts: 7,875
No Premium Lane Outbound Security for J class at HND [originally thought to be NRT]

Wow. Just found out. What are these guys thinking?
5khours is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 17, 7:12 pm
  #2
2018 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,315
Originally Posted by 5khours View Post
Wow. Just found out. What are these guys thinking?
The south side security is for F and some membership levels. The north security is general oneworld fast track including J.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 12:09 am
  #3
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 7,554
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
The south side security is for F and some membership levels. The north security is general oneworld fast track including J.
who goes to the south side flying JL!?! North heads straight to the Lounge!
kaka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 12:51 am
  #4
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,866
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
who goes to the south side flying JL!?! North heads straight to the Lounge!
Those who don't have access to the JAL priority lane but have access to the oneworld one and don't want to use the regular line for whatever reasons.
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 1:31 am
  #5
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: UA 1K; DL GM 2MM
Posts: 7,875
Still doesn't answer the question why JAL doesn't provide FT outbound security to J pax. Unbelievable.
5khours is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 1:41 am
  #6
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,866
Originally Posted by 5khours View Post
Still doesn't answer the question why JAL doesn't provide FT outbound security to J pax. Unbelievable.
I don't know why you are surprised. Even at HND, the priority line is only for F passengers and JMB elites when flying JAL.

I like the line as is. There's hardly any wait for me every time I visited. If all Business Class passengers get access to this line, then this line will be "awful", "overcrowded", and "noisy", the same words you used to describe the F lounge. What's the point of having a priority line if it's just as long as or longer than the regular ones just like those at LAX TBIT?
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 1:55 am
  #7
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TYO
Programs: NH DIA+SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), HGP D, HH D, IHG SE
Posts: 3,708
Originally Posted by 5khours View Post
Still doesn't answer the question why JAL doesn't provide FT outbound security to J pax. Unbelievable.
Am I missing something here? As CPH-Flyer mentioned, NRT provides fast track to all departing business class passengers via the North security area.

armagebedar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 1:56 am
  #8
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,866
Originally Posted by armagebedar View Post
Am I missing something here? As CPH-Flyer mentioned, NRT provides fast track to all departing business class passengers via the North security area.

Believe he wants to use the one exclusive for JAL
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 4:22 am
  #9
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 7,554
If he flew jal then hed get priority

if he doesnt then hes complaining at the wrong forum

lol
kaka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 5:47 am
  #10
2018 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,315
Originally Posted by 5khours View Post
Still doesn't answer the question why JAL doesn't provide FT outbound security to J pax. Unbelievable.
They do. Through the OneWorld fast track facility. Very simple.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 11:55 pm
  #11
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: UA 1K; DL GM 2MM
Posts: 7,875
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
They do. Through the OneWorld fast track facility. Very simple.
Not what I was told by JAL. If you're flying JAl in business class and don't have status on JMB or other OneWorld carrier then no fast track.
5khours is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 17, 1:51 am
  #12
2018 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,315
Originally Posted by 5khours View Post
Not what I was told by JAL. If you're flying JAl in business class and don't have status on JMB or other OneWorld carrier then no fast track.
That is an unfortunate piece of misinformation by the staff member. It is true for the fast track facility close to the JAL check in counters. But not true on a global Narita terminal 2 scale.

Not good. But I wonder if they were only referring the specific JAL fast track.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 17, 2:41 am
  #13
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: UA 1K; DL GM 2MM
Posts: 7,875
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
That is an unfortunate piece of misinformation by the staff member. It is true for the fast track facility close to the JAL check in counters. But not true on a global Narita terminal 2 scale.

Not good. But I wonder if they were only referring the specific JAL fast track.
I'm pretty sure it's correct. I talked to at least 6 different JAL staff members. I had them walk me to both security entrances. And....I'm pretty familiar with the JAL fast track.
5khours is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 17, 4:16 am
  #14
2018 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,315
Originally Posted by 5khours View Post
I'm pretty sure it's correct. I talked to at least 6 different JAL staff members. I had them walk me to both security entrances. And....I'm pretty familiar with the JAL fast track.
I can't rule out a fairly recent change of course. And I probably will not have more flights out of Narita this year, so I can't go and have a look any time soon.

It is certainly not how it used to be.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 17, 5:08 am
  #15
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: UA 1K; DL GM 2MM
Posts: 7,875
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I can't rule out a fairly recent change of course. And I probably will not have more flights out of Narita this year, so I can't go and have a look any time soon.

It is certainly not how it used to be.
Don't know if it's recent or not, but it's definitely how it is now (and I double checked the JAL website.)
  • Emerald/Diamond/Etc can use the One World Fast Track or JAL Fast Track
  • JAL F Class can also use the JAL Fast Track
  • If you're just flying business with no status, you are SOL and in the normal security line.

Which, as I said, I find very surprising.

Last edited by 5khours; Oct 17, 17 at 6:12 am
5khours is offline  
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:24 am.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by Flyertalk.com. Copyright 2017 FlyerTalk.com. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.