Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-DXB-MXP-DXB-LAX Route Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:26 am
Original Poster

LAX-DXB-MXP-DXB-LAX Route Questions

Hello, if I were to do the following routes using JAL miles:

LAX-DXB-MXP-DXB-LAX - will I still be charged for 100k miles for EK flights or what's the way to get this type of route to that 100k miles instead of paying more than that?

Moreover, is it possible if we want to add another leg from MXP to another European destination at all?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:35 am

JAL's award chart is distance based. So there are no tricks or routings that can be used for a region based system. Your requested itinerary is 22,600 miles which prices out at 200k JAL miles. Also, JAL awards cannot mix partners so there no further routes you can add from Milan to other places in Europe since they would have to be on EK flights.

This is JAL's partner award chart. There is also a mileage calculator to calculate the distance of your itinerary.
http://www.ar.jal.com/ar/en/jalmile/use/partner_air/p_jmb/jmb_mile_ar.html
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Oh I thought JAL allows stopover, but that falls under distance based too?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:02 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by flybie
Stopover at MXP is fine but you won't be able to add another partner to fly to an European destination to your redemption. It will be treated as a separate redemption.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by flybie
JAL does allow stopovers. Not sure what that has to do with the distance based aspect. Also not sure where you got the 100k number for your itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.