Wiki Posts
Search

AA locked out of JAL award seats?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld, StarAlliance
AA locked out of JAL award seats?

I would like to go to Haneda with AA miles on JAL (partner airline)--direct flight from SFO to HND. However, AA purposely doesn't show any JAL award flight availability, only AA flights, which are not direct.

If I go to the BA website (partner airline), I see several open JAL seats for my desired travel dates. However, when I call AA to book, they claim they don't have the seats on JAL for the dates BA says are available. I thought partner travel seat allocation was across all partner airlines? Any thoughts?
Old May 15, 2017, 4:16 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by belcom
I would like to go to Haneda with AA miles on JAL (partner airline)--direct flight from SFO to HND. However, AA purposely doesn't show any JAL award flight availability, only AA flights, which are not direct.

If I go to the BA website (partner airline), I see several open JAL seats for my desired travel dates. However, when I call AA to book, they claim they don't have the seats on JAL for the dates BA says are available. I thought partner travel seat allocation was across all partner airlines? Any thoughts?
Sounds like problems on AA's end.

Looks like you've posted on AA forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ard-seats.html

FYI, cross posting is against FT rules.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Please continue this discussion in the thread posted in the American Airlines | AAdvantage forum, kindly signposted by JALPak above.

Prospero
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.