Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to switch to Shanghai VIP Lounge (SAA Lounge) at PVG from Nov 1 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL to switch to Shanghai VIP Lounge (SAA Lounge) at PVG from Nov 1 2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kaka
Try take a train. Those lads on the cx forum speaks wuite good of them. And FT doesnt mind them very much, so seems like a good option.
How is the train between Shanghai and Tokyo?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
I wasn't able to book a hydrofoil either.

FWIW, I enjoy flying on JAL. The onboard service is vastly superior to that found on US carriers. Too bad that, when leaving from China, that service level does not carry over to my available airport lounge. If I could get access to Lounge 39 (the one JAL uses), would it be materially better than Priority Pass's Lounge 37?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:51 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks. Yes, my expectations for lounges isn't high in China -- although I 've used the Air China lounge at PEK, and that one was at least an average int'l lounge. I was kind of hoping all the lounges in a big int'l city like Shanghai would be at least acceptable. In any event, given this modest report, I won't arrive hungry.

BTW, if they're not numbered according to gate location, what's the deal with the names? It's almost a spoof on the old Commie naming system ("Food Cooperative Distribution Warehouse No. 216").

Yeah, I've been there a few times and haven't loved it. I'm actually fly in from HKG and intentionally booked a flight into SHA (not so much for the quality of the airport, but the more convenient location). Leaving, however, I had no flight choice other than PVG.
Originally Posted by iahphx
I wasn't able to book a hydrofoil either.

FWIW, I enjoy flying on JAL. The onboard service is vastly superior to that found on US carriers. Too bad that, when leaving from China, that service level does not carry over to my available airport lounge. If I could get access to Lounge 39 (the one JAL uses), would it be materially better than Priority Pass's Lounge 37?
thats what it get for going to that place. best to avoid.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
I flew PVG-NRT on Tuesday and I thought this lounge was a perfectly serviceable international business lounge. There was even a noodle bar with some nice dan dan and dim sum options. Refrigerators with beer and soft drinks. It was quiet with lots of seating. Much better than the Air China business lounge I went to in Beijing on Monday
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lds89
I flew PVG-NRT on Tuesday and I thought this lounge was a perfectly serviceable international business lounge. There was even a noodle bar with some nice dan dan and dim sum options. Refrigerators with beer and soft drinks. It was quiet with lots of seating. Much better than the Air China business lounge I went to in Beijing on Monday
enjoy the extra dose of chemicals that EU banned but freely available in china
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by kaka

enjoy the extra dose of chemicals that EU banned but freely available in china
Are the noodles on the Shanghai-Tokyo train safe for human consumption?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:50 am
Suspended

Are the noodles on the Shanghai-Tokyo train safe for human consumption?
it gets you 62 kinds of cancer if food is uplitfted in shanghai
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:05 am

I'm a little confused here. My understanding is that the SAA lounge is used for JAL business class passengers departing from PVG, but won't I also have access to the CX lounge?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by flyer05
I'm a little confused here. My understanding is that the SAA lounge is used for JAL business class passengers departing from PVG, but won't I also have access to the CX lounge?
You can get into it if you are OW Saphire or Emerald, but I honestly don't see much point unless your plane is parked closer to it than SAA.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by flyer05
The Cathay lounge is in Terminal 2, the SAA lounge is in terminal 1. Which makes using the Cathay lounge somewhat of a challenge.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:16 am

Ah, I see. Thanks for the responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.