Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Suspension of online functionalities from Dec 10 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suspension of online functionalities from Dec 10 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:27 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by susiesan
You said call when it opens first thing in the morning. Which time zone?
There's only one opening time for the US call center
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
There's only one opening time for the US call center
And that would be....?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by susiesan
And that would be....?
You can easily found that info on ar.jal.com yourself. It's on the same page you find the tel number. Sorry too lazy to go to the site
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:12 pm

Used English Hong Kong site to assign seats for wife and I's award ticket booked through AA. A little unnerving given how the US site was out and the HK seat assignment site looked dated, but appeared to work (crossing my fingers).
Appreciate the tips in here, would have really worried myself into a knot with US online functionality down and US phone lines perpetually tied up.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by 777Cat3b
DOT regulation Part 382 states that all airline websites offering services in English in the US must be WCAG 2.0 level AA compliant by December 12 2015.
All right, well I think I finally found the correct reference, which is here for those curious. Specifically, it is dated Nov 12, 2013, and says

Web pages that provide core air travel services and information
(e.g., booking or changing a reservation) must be accessible by December 12,
2015. All remaining pages on a carrier’s Web site must be accessible by December 12, 2016
So assuming this is in fact the reason for the outage, JAL had over two years advanced notice. (This btw is still not US law, it is the interpretation of law by a federal agency.) Beyond that, it seems there are various escape clauses in the regulation, eg allowing a customer to call for assistance with an operation of a non-compliant website as long as they are not charged for the assistance. Shutting down portions of the website seems like an overreaction, but of course I am not a compliance expert, just some armchair quarterback on teh internets.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:45 am
Original Poster

http://www.ar.jal.com/arl/en/info_160204.html

Functions are back online
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Gold
Thank you, JL. For those of us searching fro JL awards this is the best place to do it.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: FT
Any idea whether you can get menu's for J for next month? For some reason, it throws up an error. Looking for NRT-ORD...not a big deal since although some seem to freak out if they don't get a Japanese meal, I will probably be looking for something non-Japanese after a few weeks in Japan... more interested in seeing what options there will be for my child.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mkjr
Any idea whether you can get menu's for J for next month? For some reason, it throws up an error. Looking for NRT-ORD...not a big deal since although some seem to freak out if they don't get a Japanese meal, I will probably be looking for something non-Japanese after a few weeks in Japan... more interested in seeing what options there will be for my child.
That's not part of the service that was suspended LOL

You will need to wait till mid to late Feb for that menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.