Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating JL 773 & 767

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by zznoname
OK.

Also, somewhere buried in the threads, was a question on AA v. JAL for my MR, and me slamming JAL food.

Sure glad I took the advice here and flew JAL's service oriented, bend over backwards to help, patient people who listen flights. And boy was I wrong about the food. Coach food is coach, but I can't imagine an airline doing it better.

Also... looking at 773er configuration, JAL seems to have the fewest amount of cheep Y seats I've seen.

I mean, if it's true, F and J pay for the flight, then JAL is brilliant, because their large premium cabin brings in extra bucks, and "throwaway" Y, is a very small section.

Thanks again everyone for helping.
Look at some of the NH configurations, coach only starts behind door 4 on the 77W. I think they take the official prize for lowest seat count on a 77W. It seems both JAL and NH can make this work.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Not sure where to ask this. I was placed on JL17, which uses a 767. I'm currently assigned 46K. I see 19K available. However, JL’s website says that is the least preferred seat. Which one would you guys go with?

Edit: I'm tempted to go even further back to rows 60 and 61 as both the window and aisle are still open. Of course, can change by the time of departure, but it does suck I have someone sitting next to me.

Last edited by lsquare; Jan 1, 2024 at 2:39 am
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lsquare
Not sure where to ask this. I was placed on JL17, which uses a 767. I'm currently assigned 46K. I see 19K available. However, JL’s website says that is the least preferred seat. Which one would you guys go with?

Edit: I'm tempted to go even further back to rows 60 and 61 as both the window and aisle are still open. Of course, can change by the time of departure, but it does suck I have someone sitting next to me.
Tow 19 is missing a window, so not very attractive for the A and K seats. 46 is fine. Though if you are trying to go for a seat with no one next to you, probably as far back as possible is the way to go.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Tow 19 is missing a window, so not very attractive for the A and K seats. 46 is fine. Though if you are trying to go for a seat with no one next to you, probably as far back as possible is the way to go.
Besides the fact that I'll most likely deplane last, any difference in the seat like legroom and recline between 46 and 60? Too bad I can't get 15 like earlier this year, but then again CX just got me on this flight after canceling CX865. As an OWE, and if I do sit in row 60, do I get meal priority? I'm afraid I won't get what I want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.