Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Had a fabulous time flying JL F on NRT-ORD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:58 pm

Were you guys able to find award available for the F? If so, how far in advance did you book?

Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:09 am

I'm taking this flight tomorrow. The way over I found a bit warm in the cabin. I would fall asleep for 30 minutes or so but wake up as the cabin would heat up before cooling down again. It wasn't just the plane though; I found many trains, stations, shops and restaurants to be kept quite a better warmer than we are used to in the United States. To each his own.
I found the hard product excellent and the crew was very enthusiastic ORD-NRT albeit with varying levels of proficiency in English.

Update-Cabin temp was noticeably cooler on the way back. Very pleasant flight and the food was great. The amenity kit is not much to write home about though

Last edited by charles; Oct 4, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
ORD-NRT-ORD JL F - Outstanding

The wife, son, and I flew ORD-NRT-ORD in F back in June. This was not my first time but a first for them in JL F, although we have flown this route on AA in F & C many times. The service was just outstanding, the product is outstanding. In fact, it's been a while since I was on JL and it was over the top service. My wife is Japanese and even she was a bit overwhelmed at the attention. Both ways we had a family of four and us, so 7 of 8 seats occupied. They were all over the kids, spoke to my son in Japanese and English, took pictures of us, apologized and bowed profusely after a 5 min spell of bumps. I spoke in both Japanese and English, at least I tried as I have not picked up much in 26 years with my wife! The FA were all super nice. The service was actually too attentive, any eye contact would stop them at our seat asking what we needed. Plenty of food, whatever more was needed. Extra amenities for our family, extra PJ's, its was rock star/VIP treatment all the way. My biggest issue with JL, and anywhere indoors in Japan is the AC. It was a bit warm, however I was proactive and brought a small USB fan. It was great and I was actually cool.

One funny thing, I fell asleep and woke up covered. I thanked my wife later and she said "are you crazy, that wasn't me, it was the FA" What was I thinking, she would never do that.

I hope you all enjoy the trips to Japan, get to Okinawa, that's where we go as my wife is from there.

Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Flew NRT - JFK on JL F this year and NRT - IAD on NH Old F last year. Found both to be outstanding.

JL F seat definitely better than NH Old F seat (haven't flown NH New F seat).

Food-wise, I consider the steaks I got on JL and NH to be the two best airplane steaks I've ever had (and I would eat them on the ground).

NH F flight attendants were a little warmer and friendlier. On NH when I mentioned I hadn't really had much sake before the NH F flight attendant immediately suggested I do a taste testing and brought them over - she was excited to hear my feedback.

NH F has better liquor stocking both Hibiki 21 and Hibiki 17 (in J) on board. JL F has Hibiki 17 but they ran out on my flight with a 4/8 cabin which was disappointing (apparently they only loaded one bottle).

JL F lounge at NRT is definitely better than NH F at NRT - particularly the sushi bar and the massages.

Overall those are all minor issues and I think NH and JL are both top tier F products and you can't go wrong with either one.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bennyblanco
Were you guys able to find award available for the F? If so, how far in advance did you book?

Thanks.
Yes, I booked a pair about 330 days out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.