Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2023, 10:47 pm

Hi all, really at my wits end now. Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i've redeem my tickets on JAL via AS and I've been contacting both party for the past few days. Spoken to at least 10 different agents from AS and JAL. AS insist that they have ticketed me correctly and everything is in place, ask me not to worry. On the other hand, JAL is telling me that they cannot see my flight being ticketed even though i have the ticket number and confirmation number. Not sure if anyone have come across this. They are pushing the problem to each other and now i am stuck in the middle. Thanks so much!
Old Aug 2, 2023, 11:12 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by dect002
Hi all, really at my wits end now. Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i've redeem my tickets on JAL via AS and I've been contacting both party for the past few days. Spoken to at least 10 different agents from AS and JAL. AS insist that they have ticketed me correctly and everything is in place, ask me not to worry. On the other hand, JAL is telling me that they cannot see my flight being ticketed even though i have the ticket number and confirmation number. Not sure if anyone have come across this. They are pushing the problem to each other and now i am stuck in the middle. Thanks so much!
What does the status on JL MMB page say?
Old Aug 2, 2023, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
What does the status on JL MMB page say?
Yup, it says ticketed when i key in all the required details. Maybe a screenshot will be helpful, i have attach it. Hope to get some

advise.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Yup, it says ticketed when i key in all the required details. Maybe a screenshot will be helpful, i have attach it. Hope to get some

advise.
Then why did you say it’s not ticketed? If a JL agent says it’s not ticketed, they can login to MMB using your PNR and info to see it has been ticketed.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 12:01 am

Then why did you say it’s not ticketed? If a JL agent says it’s not ticketed, they can login to MMB using your PNR and info to see it has been ticketed.
Yup that's the problem. They are telling me cuz the second portion of the flight NRT-SIN is ticketed that's why i can see the entire booking as being ticketed. Which to me does not make any sense. I can even choose the seats for both flights. Been calling hotline from different countries hoping to get someone which is more experienced to look into it and all tell me the same thing, their system does not show it being ticketed. It gets more weird when i even provided them the e-ticket number but they still say it's not ticketed.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Yup that's the problem. They are telling me cuz the second portion of the flight NRT-SIN is ticketed that's why i can see the entire booking as being ticketed. Which to me does not make any sense. I can even choose the seats for both flights. Been calling hotline from different countries hoping to get someone which is more experienced to look into it and all tell me the same thing, their system does not show it being ticketed. It gets more weird when i even provided them the e-ticket number but they still say it's not ticketed.
Have you tried getting both JL and AS on the same call to get this resolved? This seems to be very specific to your booking. But if the eticket receipt is showing the full itinerary, I am not sure why JL agent isn’t seeing it on their end.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 2:32 am

Programs: Japan Airlines JGC Diamond / Oneworld Emerald
Premium Economy Window Seats, Accessibility to Aisle

Hi friends, I am taking a last minute flight and balancing comfort and price, I will be in W/premium economy on a 77W and 789.

Having checked some flight reviews already, I am familiar with what to expect but first hand experiences are always appreciated. I love the window seat for the views and additional privacy from the aisle, hence why I prefer the window seat. However, I was wondering how easy it is to access the aisle without waking up my seat neighbor, should they fall asleep and are reclined. For reference, I am average height of 172 cm and average build (not overweight).

Having the 42 inches of pitch between the seats already makes it great compared to other W seats I have tried on AA, BA, CX. Although, if it’s not too easy to leave the window seats, I would take an aisle seat as I hydrate as often as possible and would prefer not to bother anyone trying to get rest.

Thanks for any insights!

Last edited by OWF_NYC_SIN; Aug 4, 2023 at 2:43 pm
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:05 am

Have you tried getting both JL and AS on the same call to get this resolved? This seems to be very specific to your booking. But if the eticket receipt is showing the full itinerary, I am not sure why JL agent isn’t seeing it on their end.
Yes, this is the first time i am encountering this problem as well. I got both agents on the line and JL is saying AS is using "Paper ticket" and they cannot accept it. they were talking about it for 20 minutes and in the end, AS global services mentioned that they will re-issue it again to try. Seems like it has not been resolved as i just got off the phone with JL rep. I was guessing is it due to the fact that looking at making a new cash booking from the 29 Oct onwards, seems like they are not selling F anymore or even they are selling, is like only 2-3 days out of the whole November.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Yes, this is the first time i am encountering this problem as well. I got both agents on the line and JL is saying AS is using "Paper ticket" and they cannot accept it. they were talking about it for 20 minutes and in the end, AS global services mentioned that they will re-issue it again to try. Seems like it has not been resolved as i just got off the phone with JL rep. I was guessing is it due to the fact that looking at making a new cash booking from the 29 Oct onwards, seems like they are not selling F anymore or even they are selling, is like only 2-3 days out of the whole November.
Is paper ticket still a thing!? That sounds very strange if AS indeed issued a paper ticket for just JL001. Looks like JL blocks out F inventory on JL001/002 between Oct 29 and Nov 15.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OWF_NYC_SIN
Hi friends, I am taking a last minute flight and balancing comfort and price, I will be in W/premium economy on a 77W and 789.

Having checked some flight reviews already, I am familiar with what to expect but first hand experiences are always appreciated. I love the window seat for the views and additional privacy from the aisle, hence why I prefer the window seat. However, I was wondering how easy it is to access the aisle without waking up my seat neighbor, should they fall asleep and are reclined. For reference, I am average height of 172 cm and average build (not overweight).

Having the 42 pitch between the seats already makes it great compared to other W seats I have tried on AA, BA, CX. Although, if it’s not too easy to leave the window seats, I would take an aisle seat as I hydrate as often as possible and would prefer not to bother anyone trying to get rest.

Thanks for any insights!
It is not easy to get out from the window seat without disturbing your neighbour. Row 17 on the 77W has a full sized door so space for ballroom dancing, but I can't remember if there really is a window. But Aerolopa will be your friend there....
OWF_NYC_SIN likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:30 am

Is paper ticket still a thing!? That sounds very strange if AS indeed issued a paper ticket for just JL001. Looks like JL blocks out F inventory on JL001/002 between Oct 29 and Nov 15.
Yes, that's why i find it very weird. I am guessing because of JL blocking out F inventory, that's why when AS tried to re-issue the ticket, it did not show on their system. And now AS is telling me not to worry, just go to the airport, you will be able to check in. JL agent when i call the singapore number tells me the same thing, but JL agent on the US number tell me they may not let me fly if i am not ticketed. AS now is also very unwilling to do anything as they have tried re-issue the ticket 3 times and the call center still unable to see it being ticketed. They are very insistent that JL IT system is having issues.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 12:28 pm

Hi Does Anybody know who much time JAL takes to credit back Miles for tickets booked for One world partners after cancelation ?
Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ankitg2006
Hi Does Anybody know who much time JAL takes to credit back Miles for tickets booked for One world partners after cancelation ?
I have not done it that many times, but basically instant is my experience. The refund of YQ to the credit card takes a few more days.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 8:40 pm

Programs: JL S/JGC | AS MVP | Hyatt G
Trying to be the dutiful son...

Trying to ensure that my parent gets the best seat available SFO-HND round-trip while not being made of money, would the cabin crew object to the last part of my plan?
  • Pay cash for business class seat in parent's name, redeem miles for economy for myself
  • If I can find award availability in a higher class:
    • Got a business class award for myself: Hooray, I take my seat in business class
    • Snagged a first class award: When boarding give first class seat (award booked in my name) to parent, sit in business class (cash ticket booked under parent's name)
      I don't intend to swap back in the middle of the flight, visit parent up in first, or attempt any other shenanigans.

Last edited by thecowgoesmoo; Aug 4, 2023 at 8:45 pm Reason: Clarify that it is round-trip
Old Aug 6, 2023, 8:20 pm

To update, Just received a call-back from JL reservations, which they still unable to see it being ticketed. Called back to AS and spoked to a partner reservation agent who confirmed that their global desk have reached JL side 3 times and they have confirmed the tickets. On the alaska app, partner confirmation still not showing under booking details for JL1 but is showing for JL711. This two flights are on the same booking PNR. JL website still shows ticketed and the JL app, i was able to add both flights into the "manage booking" section using the JL confirmation code. Double checked on BA manage reservation page, it shows both flights as confirmed. On Qatar page, it shows both flights as confirmed as well and even gave me the e-ticket number. Would this means the JL reservation system not being able to see that it's ticketed? But is that's the case, the only doubt I have is why in the AS app, the partner confirmation is not showing on the first flight? When i requested for the booking confirmation e-mail, same thing shows, there was a confirmation number at the bottom of the JL711 flight portion, but no number at the bottom of the JL1 portion. This is getting more strange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.