Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL-Metal Card released

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:50 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by keitherson
That's real shiny . Funny how it's only oneworld that has metal frequent flyer cards. (The other program is QR Platinum)
Not really true to a certain extend...Delta Diamond members did get a metal baggage tag (normal card was still plastic) - but I read that it is not the case anymore. But this one from JAL does look really shiny and high quality....

Cheers!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:38 am

Programs: JMB Metal/Diamond, ANA Diamond, HA Pualani Platinum and UA Premier.
The metal card doesn't do much. The code for the customer changes to PRST and/or JMTL depending on International or Domestic.
The cabin crew know this but that's about it.
The ability to secure a seat for the trunk routes domestically doesn't mean much since they only guarantee you a economy seat and not a J class seat.
I've had it for 10 years now and have a complete set in a nice holder but I don't see the value of it.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I did find one unwritten benefit of the metal card today. On award bookings, there are no restrictions on seat selection in the cabin. Any and all seats are open for selection. Booked some awards for late Jan and Feb. Not a single seat selected before me, and all seat available for selection.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
seems like the requirement to be considered for one is as follows. nobody can clearly verify this since JAL is tight lipped about it.(read it up on some Japanese instagram post)
-a minimum of 120K fop for previous year
-minimum 150 lifetime JAL domestic/international flights
-minimum 2 years in a row diamond member
-current JGC member
-current Diamond status
CPH-Flyer and minizian like this.

Last edited by Tokyoite; Apr 13, 2020 at 5:51 pm
Old Apr 13, 2020, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
seems like the requirement to be considered for one is as follows. nobody can clearly verify this since JAL is tight lipped about it.(read it up on some Japanese instagram post)
-a minimum of 120K fop for previous year
-minimum 150 annual lifetime JAL domestic/international flights
-minimum 2 years in a row diamond member
-current JGC member
-current Diamond status
Then the question is of course, how long do they take to consider.... I would have passed those threshold earlier than I got the card. I wonder if that is actually 120K JAL group FOP. I'll have to see how my statistics fit in to that exactly.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did a bit of searching in my history. Whether it is 120K FOP or 120K JAL Group FOP does not really make a difference, what will matter is how they count the 150 flights. If they only count the JAL operated and marketed flights, as opposed to JAL group flights in the general statistic, those criteria and the timing for when I got the card probably makes sense. If they count JAL group flights as the general statistics, then it is not automatic when meeting that list of criteria.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I did a bit of searching in my history. Whether it is 120K FOP or 120K JAL Group FOP does not really make a difference, what will matter is how they count the 150 flights. If they only count the JAL operated and marketed flights, as opposed to JAL group flights in the general statistic, those criteria and the timing for when I got the card probably makes sense. If they count JAL group flights as the general statistics, then it is not automatic when meeting that list of criteria.
i got mine from April but this is only my 2nd full year of diamond. I’ve only done 80+ lifetime jal flights as another data point.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Comet21
i got mine from April but this is only my 2nd full year of diamond. I’ve only done 80+ lifetime jal flights as another data point.
I guess you might have done a significant amount of FOP last year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.