FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   [JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1172550-jmb-sakura-lounge-jal-forum-conversational-thread.html)

whkento Jan 22, 2011 2:20 am

Originally Posted by fumitani (Post 15709208)
JALPak on the can I buy miles from JL? of course you can not, but one way and it takes about a week is to...

go to www.spg.com buy points (takes about 1-48 hours)
then convert those points to JL... 1 to 1 or every 20000points convert to 25000miles.

Whole process takes less than a week.

Interesting.:rolleyes:

I have over 200,000 miles. I need FOPs! ;)

Simmo Jan 22, 2011 2:25 am

Originally Posted by whkento (Post 15709740)

It would be awesome if you could buy back status with JAL...

Simmo Jan 22, 2011 2:31 am

Just FYI CNY this year is dead in the water. We are not looking to be very busy due to CX and HK Airlines for putting on 40% less flights than last year on the CTS>HKG run during CNY as this has killed overall travel to Hokkaido during this period.

If only people would consider going via a domestic airport and flying with JAL to get here.

JALPak Jan 22, 2011 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Simmo (Post 15709764)
Just FYI CNY this year is dead in the water. We are not looking to be very busy due to CX and HK Airlines for putting on 40% less flights than last year on the CTS>HKG run during CNY as this has killed overall travel to Hokkaido during this period.

If only people would consider going via a domestic airport and flying with JAL to get here.

They reduced capacity for a reason! It's because they don't have enough demand. Thanks to the expensive yen and tensions between the two countries.

JALPak Jan 22, 2011 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Simmo (Post 15709751)
It would be awesome if you could buy back status with JAL...

You can! Just buy a new Lexus in Japan. Check the FAQ for more details :o

JALPak Jan 22, 2011 3:02 am

Originally Posted by whkento (Post 15709740)

I wish I had that much miles...well...I have quite a few miles myself but there's no such thing as too much miles :p

whkento Jan 22, 2011 3:03 am

I don't want a Lexus. They're everywhere. And they lack personality. Bleh. :p

The exception would be the very pretty SC. I test drove one last year, but the dealer really wasn't very cool. They took me on a very, very, very short route. I think it's 'cause I'm a gaijin. Anyway, they sent the invitation, so I went.

whkento Jan 22, 2011 3:04 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 15709846)
I wish I had that much miles...well...I have quite a few miles myself but there's no such thing as too much miles :p

I'm hoping to put a big dent in that number in April. Gonna try for upgrades for me and my 2 kids (Y to C). ;)

JALPak Jan 22, 2011 3:13 am

Originally Posted by whkento (Post 15709852)
I don't want a Lexus. They're everywhere. And they lack personality. Bleh. :p

The exception would be the very pretty SC. I test drove one last year, but the dealer really wasn't very cool. They took me on a very, very, very short route. I think it's 'cause I'm a gaijin. Anyway, they sent the invitation, so I went.

Buy then sell. :)

JALPak Jan 22, 2011 3:14 am

Originally Posted by whkento (Post 15709855)
I'm hoping to put a big dent in that number in April. Gonna try for upgrades for me and my 2 kids (Y to C). ;)

Leave the kids in Y. Just upgrade yourself :p

I believe they are running some kind of campaign for discounted upgrade in Japan. Not a big dent at all :p

whkento Jan 22, 2011 3:23 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 15709886)
Leave the kids in Y. Just upgrade yourself :p

I believe they are running some kind of campaign for discounted upgrade in Japan. Not a big dent at all :p

That may be an option in a few years. I don't think it would be very cool to leave a 4-year old girl and her 3-year old brother back there alone... I could get a lifetime ban! :eek:

Yeah, they're offering an upgrade from Y to PY for just 10,000 miles. A very small dent. I'll consider it... Especially since it's 50,000 miles from Y to C.

JALPak Jan 22, 2011 3:26 am

Originally Posted by whkento (Post 15709905)
That may be an option in a few years. I don't think it would be very cool to leave a 4-year old girl and her 3-year old brother back there alone... I could get a lifetime ban! :eek:

Yeah, they're offering an upgrade from Y to PY for just 10,000 miles. A very small dent. I'll consider it... Especially since it's 50,000 miles from Y to C.

30,000 only if you booking class is high enough :p

http://www.jal.co.jp/121campaign/spmile/

whkento Jan 22, 2011 3:26 am

Hey, JALPak--

I've been meaning to say--

Good job on the FAQ sticky thread! ^^^^^

whkento Jan 22, 2011 3:27 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 15709911)
30,000 only if you booking class is high enough :p

http://www.jal.co.jp/121campaign/spmile/

Ooooh. I was unaware of that. Thanks. ^

JALPak Jan 22, 2011 3:31 am

Originally Posted by whkento (Post 15709912)
Hey, JALPak--

I've been meaning to say--

Good job on the FAQ sticky thread! ^^^^^

Thanks...For some of the questions, I am just copying sipples' answers :p