FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   [JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1172550-jmb-sakura-lounge-jal-forum-conversational-thread.html)

musashino22 Jan 26, 2011 1:04 am

Originally Posted by fumitani (Post 15736865)
When are they goign to release the fares?! it's almost Feb!!!!!!!! and we have no discount fares past March 31st....wow....so much for planning ahead

Same here for me Fumitani. I'm checking almost everyday and I even call them like once a week as I have to schedule all my trips for the next 6 months starting April first week and I need the fares to strategically fend off any plans by our company in booking me on non-JL flights....:eek:

JALPak you have to love me for being so loyal to your airline. :D

JALPak Jan 26, 2011 1:11 am

Originally Posted by fumitani (Post 15736887)
This isn't helping either...

2011年度上期運賃発売について
2011年度上期運賃(2011年4月1日(金)~2011年9月30日(金)日本出発分)については、現 在発売に向け最終準備を行っております 。
準備が出来次第当ホームページにてお知らせいたしますのでよろしくお願い申し上げます。

2011年1月19日
日本航空

taken from http://www.jal.co.jp/other/info2011_0119.html

It's almost 8 full plus days later and they still cant release it hmmmmmmmmm

Just be patient. They have released the domestic fares.

You were the one who said you want to do it early in the year and finish it in 2 weeks so you can maximize your status. :rolleyes:

JALPak Jan 26, 2011 1:12 am

Originally Posted by musashino22 (Post 15736895)
Same here for me Fumitani. I'm checking almost everyday and I even call them like once a week as I have to schedule all my trips for the next 6 months starting April first week and I need the fares to strategically fend off any plans by our company in booking me on non-JL flights....:eek:

It's not my airline just to be clear :p although I wish it is so I can just axe the JGC program :eek:

Just be patient. The fares will be released shortly.

And to thank you, JALPak Jr. will give you a big hug for me :p

And it's not that bad to fly on the other Japanese carrier. I would worry if I have to fly on certain HK based carrier though :o

fumitani Jan 26, 2011 1:14 am

Originally Posted by musashino22 (Post 15736895)

JAL and ANA both need to change their stradegy of releasing fares so late...they should keep filing new fares all the time instead of Jul/Aug for Sep-March fares and Jan/Feb for Mar-Sep fares..

They can always price it a bit higher and reduce it!! If people are happy with fares they will buy it :mad:

JALPak Jan 26, 2011 1:17 am

Originally Posted by fumitani (Post 15736918)
JAL and ANA both need to change their stradegy of releasing fares so late...they should keep filing new fares all the time instead of Jul/Aug for Sep-March fares and Jan/Feb for Mar-Sep fares..

They can always price it a bit higher and reduce it!! If people are happy with fares they will buy it :mad:

NH has released theirs already I believe. Isn't it that they need government approval for fares?

JALPak Jan 26, 2011 1:18 am

JAL just released more domestic discounted fares for first half of 2011. Just be patient. They discounted international fares are coming really soon.

fumitani Jan 26, 2011 1:32 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 15736927)
NH has released theirs already I believe. Isn't it that they need government approval for fares?

but they can ask government approval anytime....

NH released China and HK fares...nothing else

JALPak Jan 26, 2011 1:33 am

Originally Posted by fumitani (Post 15736962)
but they can ask government approval anytime....

NH released China and HK fares...nothing else

Can they?

Simmo Jan 26, 2011 4:20 am

Originally Posted by fumitani (Post 15736887)
This isn't helping either...

2011年度上期運賃発売について
2011年度上期運賃(2011年4月1日(金)~2011年9月30日(金)日本出発分)については、現 在発売に向け最終準備を行っております 。
準備が出来次第当ホームページにてお知らせいたしますのでよろしくお願い申し上げます。

2011年1月19日
日本航空

taken from http://www.jal.co.jp/other/info2011_0119.html

It's almost 8 full plus days later and they still cant release it hmmmmmmmmm

Leaving things to the last minute to release is so South Asia Asian business style. I understand JAL is getting a little slow but it's hardly unusual.

CX are still holding back seats for CNY and that's less than a week away.

ChrisLi Jan 26, 2011 4:23 am

For me I think it makes sense for CX to hold seat until like this weekend... I got a few friends still debating if going Japan for CNY.......

Simmo Jan 26, 2011 5:43 am

Originally Posted by ChrisLi (Post 15737344)
For me I think it makes sense for CX to hold seat until like this weekend... I got a few friends still debating if going Japan for CNY.......

Craziness as wholesales had to prebuy seats and now having problems selling them as travel during CNY is down a lot from last year.

I hope this does not get repeated next year.

ChrisLi Jan 26, 2011 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Simmo (Post 15737575)
Craziness as wholesales had to prebuy seats and now having problems selling them as travel during CNY is down a lot from last year.

I see it repeat every year before JPY rate come down. Those people are japan frequenter that goes at least twice per year anyway. Normally Japan is their DEFAULT CNY destination.

JALPak Jan 26, 2011 6:08 am

Originally Posted by ChrisLi (Post 15737661)
I see it repeat every year before JPY rate come down. Those people are japan frequenter that goes at least twice per year anyway. Normally Japan is their DEFAULT CNY destination.

um...sounds like someone :D Too bad no holidays for me during CNY :(

JALPak Jan 26, 2011 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Simmo (Post 15737575)

They have been doing this not just for CNY. It has been like that forever. It used to be really hard for me to get a seat during winter break because HK travel agencies held a lot of seats on my flight. So I will just put myself on the waitinglist and issue the ticket. JAL usually just release it to me at the end :rolleyes: But this is back in the days when my ticket issued by TA can be changed unlimited number of times without penalty and free stopovers too :(

kaka Jan 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisLi (Post 15737661)

u mean default any long wkend destination?