Wiki Posts
Search

Getting security pass for husband and baby

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Question Getting security pass for husband and baby

Hi all.

I am flying out of the International terminal at SFO (on JAL).

Is it possible for my husband and infant to accompany me through security? I would like to nurse my son before I depart. After I nurse him, dad would take him home, and I'd get on the plane.

What do I need to do to get a pass? Who do I speak to, when does it need to be done, etc.?

Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Is it possible for you to nurse him before you go through security? The airline may decide that they won't give you a gate pass due to the fact you are on an international flight..
Old Aug 25, 2010, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Is it possible for you to nurse him before you go through security? The airline may decide that they won't give you a gate pass due to the fact you are on an international flight..
Well, yes, I could nurse him before security. But I'd rather get there early, go through security, then sit in the lounge. Just seems easier all around.

So... any ideas?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA:1MM
have your husband and baby buy fully refundable tickets and cancel them.
(I don't know whether you cancel after you've already cleared security).
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:35 am

Programs: UA G
Go with a refundable ticket. I've done it twice before and it works fine. You might have to float the charge on your CC for a few days (they can charge in a day or two... but refunds can take a week or more).
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
In response to some of the replies to your other thread over in the UA forum, I would suggest avoiding the PDF forgery. Many TSA stations have scanners that read the barcodes for tickets, paper and cell phone boarding passes.

If Mr. KSinNYC is a member of the RCC, you can try to get him a pass as RCC members are allowed to visit the lounge for business reasons. Check out this reply and/or thread about RCC

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.